Delayed Text Messages

lander06

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed periodically over the past 2 weeks that I've been getting delayed text messages. They come in all at once and oddly enough, the timestamps of each text is correct. It appears that when I reply to the person (not knowing they already sent me a text), it triggers the backlog of text that were not delivered.

lhuddles

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Delayed text messages as well as delayed voicemail notifications. It can't be a network issue because other members of my family (we're all on the same network, they have an iPhone and a Galaxy SIII) aren't having any problems at all.

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Does is it happen randomly or certain area each time? Mine will happen when I go to to a roaming area then back out it's like I have to reboot the phone.

lhuddles

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I called AT&T, the rep did "something" on her end, and said if I continue to have issues, I should call back and they will send me a new SIM card. So far, everything is ok. *fingers crossed*

lander06

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok..ATT just sent me another phone over the weekend. New SIM did not work. Looked at my coverage and I literally in the middle of 3 cells. I was hoping that it was my radio, but guess what, the new phone just did the same think.

The wife sent a msg 40 mins ago and they just came in. I DO NOT have cell data enabled because I have wifi converge everywhere. Could this be the cause??

lander06

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
More info..this happens often at the house (great coverage). The wife has an Iphone, but she is NOT send group mms. I had issues with her iphone, and my son's nokia and android.

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok..ATT just sent me another phone over the weekend. New SIM did not work. Looked at my coverage and I literally in the middle of 3 cells. I was hoping that it was my radio, but guess what, the new phone just did the same think.

The wife sent a msg 40 mins ago and they just came in. I DO NOT have cell data enabled because I have wifi converge everywhere. Could this be the cause??

possible yes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12