My Lumia Should Be Here Today!

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered the white one on the 1st and it's supposed to be here today. Gave up on waiting for the yellow one, so yeah.
When my Dad's Lumia came, it didn't have very much battery..so I was wondering, should I let it die and then charge it? Or just charge it while it's on?
I want to get off to a good start when I get it.

On a side note, I finally called about his charging plate that never came (It's been over a month). I ended up talking to 3 different AT&T reps because they're all dumb and I knew more about the phones and accessories than they did. Anywho, I ended up getting 2 free ones (A different one from a different rep lolz). A black one for his phone and a white one for the one I'm getting. Woo!
I might also get the one that's SUPPOSED to come with the phone I just ordered. So I'll have an extra charging plate. :D Which I can sell.
Score.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you need to "condition" your battery. Modern phones don't need to be conditioned. This whole "let it die and charge it full and let it die again" is a load of BS.

Charge your phone as your normally would and enjoy it. ;)

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would say go ahead and update to portico, hard restart just to make sure it is able to and won't brick, let it lose all of its battery by installing apps and such and then when it shuts off, charge it fully. Run it down and then recharge it again. After that it should be ok. It will take a couple of weeks for the battery to get to its full potential. This is what the majority of people here have found. There are those in the minority but to each his own, I guess.

It is better to learn that you can hard reset your phone early so that if after your 14 days are up and you need to hard reset, you won't be screwed.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I would say go ahead and update to portico, hard restart just to make sure it is able to and won't brick, let it lose all of its battery by installing apps and such and then when it shuts off, charge it fully. Run it down and then recharge it again. After that it should be ok. It will take a couple of weeks for the battery to get to its full potential. This is what the majority of people here have found. There are those in the minority but to each his own, I guess.

It is better to learn that you can hard reset your phone early so that if after your 14 days are up and you need to hard reset, you won't be screwed.
I hard reset the phone im sending back to Nokia due to major poly flex, it took all day (spinning gears), thought it was bricked but it finally started up lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos