Battery Level

DropPass

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
This phone has the strangest battery life I have ever seen!

The first few weeks it was average, lasting about 12-14 hours. A few weeks later and it was great, lasting 18-20 hours with 25-30% charge left. Then it went back to just average and has been lasting around 12-14 hours before needing a recharge (even after the Portico update).

Two days ago the strangest thing happened... I put my phone on the wireless charge pad. In the morning I picked up the phone and it was HOT with a full charge. About two hours after being taken off the charger, it was down to 55% with 0 use. So yesterday I shut the phone off, turned it back on and put it on the charger. This morning, I pulled it off the charger at 7:00am. I am now (nearly six hours later) sitting at 95%. I have sent a dozen or so texts, made a couple of calls, etc... (moderate use). So I opened up the Battery Level app to see how long the current charge would last and here is what I see:

wp_ss_20130104_0001.png

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Im starting to think the last update for the battery level update was buggy. I too was having some weird issues. My battery drain according to the battery level app was huge. In less than 2 hours of standby time and maybe 30mins of streaming music; the meter went from 100% to 25%. Stating the battery had 30mins left. Normally 25% says at least a couple of hours. Now at 84% I am showing 2 days and 6mins.

Not sure whats going on.

jammerltu

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The battery remaining scales on usage, so if in the last 30 mins you we're really stressing the phone, under exact same conditions continuing it would last 30mins, if you stop using the phone, the 25% turns in to 8 hours with no usage.

DropPass

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That explains the Battery Level app, but it's still strange that for the last few weeks my phone is typically down to 40% life remaining after 6+ hours off the charger, but now I am still sitting at 93% 8 hours later!

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The battery remaining scales on usage, so if in the last 30 mins you we're really stressing the phone, under exact same conditions continuing it would last 30mins, if you stop using the phone, the 25% turns in to 8 hours with no usage.
Yeah, but I would say the scaling methodology must be off a bit. There have been days where I have streamed the same way for 8 hours and still have 40% battery left. Where as to this instance 30mins killed off nearly all battery usage.

I was reading some other posts on the forums where users are speculating there might be a "bug" in the OS related to battery usage. I am not to sure what is causing it. Doesnt bother me too much, it would just be nice if it was a little closer to being accurate.

Thanks for the input.

DaytonaGTS

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have totally noticed the same thing using the wireless charger and the phone being hot after taking it off, and

Just a few days ago my battery would go dead with in 8 hours with little use at all. This morning I took a screen shot just before work; 1 day 7 hours 68% remaining. This is with normal use also, Texting, some long like my feedback to AT&T. I browsed the net about 30 min, watched a couple vids on where to find terminals for Halo4. Made a few phone calls. I was just amazed last night when I was using the phone but the battery was't really going down I'm still having rebooting issues and have noticed a 1% - 2% drop every reboot, so in the dozen or more reboots from yesterday that may have taken up a good portion of the battery itself.

Unfortunatly this phone is in the process of getting replaced because of the reboot issue, but I thought it was strange because I have never gotten anywhere near that much battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers