Not showing weather in wireless charging stand lock screen?

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

bought today the wireless NFC charging stand. Problem is that when "weather and calendar" is selected for NFC to activate, it doesn't show the weather. The big clock is there and also the calendar marking shows but no weather?

Anyone sharing same problems. Any solutions what is wrong or do I miss particular weather app or so. That I noticed that there is no "weather and calendar" app anywhere so it must take the weather info somewhere (that I might have deleted). Was there original weather app that came with Lumia 920?

Thanks in advance

PS. One extra question. The swipe up and down is really nice (was disappointed at first because the screen was so bright), but is there anything that could dimm the capacitive buttons also? Or is just because the display back light is that bright always what ever you do? Because I think that these buttons are also too bright for me.

PPS. Okay, one more question. Everytime I tap the NFC, the phone asks if I want to download the content (or something like that, I have finnish language on my phone) and every time you have to accept it. Is there anyway to disable this feature?

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Bumping this up, anyone has answers for following:

- no weather displayed
- capacitive buttons too bright (and also when room is dark the whole screen is too bright), anything to dimm the back light?
- always promting to accept "download content" when tapping NFC

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You need to enable the weather. In settings, swipe to the right.

I don't believe it is possible to disable the buttons.

If you find out how to disable the "accept" requirement, let me know.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
You need to enable the weather. In settings, swipe to the right.

I don't believe it is possible to disable the buttons.

If you find out how to disable the "accept" requirement, let me know.

Thanks for answering. What settings do you mean? When going "accessories" and clicking this stand, there is not too much to select. I can only select what NFC opens (the weather and calendar), location for weather forecast and then celsius or fahrenheit. Nothing else is here.

If I just go to settings, swipe left I am in app settings. Nothing here. Only related topic would be backround apps. There I have weather selected as active (weather channel is the app, but I have tried also some other apps).

jfmanzo

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought the stand when I was on vacation in Hawaii at an ATT store in Honolulu- brought it back home to Canada, and it works fine in Canada, even shows temp in Celsius. So even though you can't get a charger in Canada it works here.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here (tested in Poland and Austria), i.e. no weather in Nokia Accessories app. Any ideas for a fix?

I'll try to contact Nokia care about this as it seems that this forum has not solved this issue.

If there are any people here OUTSIDE US, you could prompt if you see the weather.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have weather in the US, so it sounds like it's an out of US problem. Nokia could help, but know that their default help suggestion is to reset the phone (that's what they always tell me).

As for the screen being too bright, does swiping down the screen slowly dim your display? It does on mine and should for you.

I don't think you can do anything about the capacitive buttons being lit nor can you disable the "accept" that I'm aware of.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for answering. What settings do you mean? When going "accessories" and clicking this stand, there is not too much to select. I can only select what NFC opens (the weather and calendar), location for weather forecast and then celsius or fahrenheit. Nothing else is here.

If I just go to settings, swipe left I am in app settings. Nothing here. Only related topic would be backround apps. There I have weather selected as active (weather channel is the app, but I have tried also some other apps).

Sorry, my bad. Was confusing it with another app to get weather on lock screen. However, if you touch the screen while this one is on, it does bring up a settings button.
Make sure you've scrolled down, and have a location in the "Show weather in" box. Even with Use Current... checked, I have my city in the box (albeit greyed out).

I am outside the USA, and do get weather

loukkis

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, my bad. Was confusing it with another app to get weather on lock screen. However, if you touch the screen while this one is on, it does bring up a settings button.
Make sure you've scrolled down, and have a location in the "Show weather in" box. Even with Use Current... checked, I have my city in the box (albeit greyed out).

I am outside the USA, and do get weather
Do you have any weather app installed on your phone? It's possible that it needs to have some specific app installed prior showing the weather..

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any weather app installed on your phone? It's possible that it needs to have some specific app installed prior showing the weather..
I do, but not native/Microsoft/Nokia anything like that... I use WeatherFlow... And it is often different than what displays on the charging stand app.

slowhound

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Change your regional format from language & region settings to United States (English) to get the weather.

Confirmation dialog after the NFC tap is Microsoft platform security measure, I don't think Nokia can get around it.

Jojordan82

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Change your regional format from language & region settings to United States (English) to get the weather.

Confirmation dialog after the NFC tap is Microsoft platform security measure, I don't think Nokia can get around it.

Thank you it worked!

But I have to say that this is still not a perfect solution... I'm Belgian, French speaking, and when you change the Region format to US, the dates are in English, the phone thinks my currency is Dollar and some applications think I'm in US too...

So I have to choose between Weather on screensaver or days on lockscreen and calendar in English...

OK, I understand English and not all in the phone is in English but this isn't normal! It should work with my settings!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb