02-09-2013 12:20 PM
30 12
tools
    Good luck! don't forget to make a backup copy of the OS X system plist file in case things go pear shaped.
    /Seriously. Make a copy and leave it on your desktop.
    01-12-2013 01:05 AM
    If the Mac Phone connector isn't working out for ya, I'd say give other music suites a try. I know iTunes won't sync to the Lumia but other softwares might (Winamp, Songbird - pretty much any piece of software that'll sync music to Android phones should work).

As for calling...the going through steps when you have a live tile pinned might be a pin but I think it gives you more options (takes the same amount of effort to e-mail, text, call, Skype or Facebook them!). You can additionally avoid another step by tapping on the little phone icon right beside every number in your call history (Phone app) - that's a quicker way to place a call.

Glad you are liking the phone though.
    01-12-2013 04:31 AM
    I suggest that you move to Outlook for Google will be shutting down their doors soon to WP users..
    EDIT: Here's a guide on how to switch. :D
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...-live-com.html
    Is this still true? I only ask because right now I have contacts from Google and Outlook.com and was wondering how to move every thing from Live to Google as I use Gmail more than Live but maybe I need to do more home work!
    02-09-2013 11:24 AM
    Is this still true? I only ask because right now I have contacts from Google and Outlook.com and was wondering how to move every thing from Live to Google as I use Gmail more than Live but maybe I need to do more home work!
    Well, Google extended it until July 31st. However, this only works for Windows Phone, not Windows 8 and RT
    Just use Outlook/Live for your contacts and calendar, and use Gmail as your main email. :)

Google extends Windows Phone support for Exchange ActiveSync until July 31st | The Verge
    02-09-2013 12:01 PM
    Hey, size doesn't matter :) Yes that is a typo.

I haven't decided if wireless charging is that useful yet. It is cool. I suspect it will be more useful with a cover - especially if it is one with covered ports. I have an Otterbox where the flap finally ripped from use.

Well, I don't have more than 45 yet. As it is the list is long and this seems to be one of those minor things that will be worked out as the OS becomes more mature. Then again, maybe it is a planned feature; I had many apps on my iPhone (my son downloads many games on our iPad and they also show up on my phone) and swiping through screen after screen isn't all that great either.
    Couple of suggestions:
    - get an official 920 silicone case from Nokia...it fits like a glove...they are out of stock everywhere unfortunately
    - app list is a huge feature in my book...when you get 50 or so apps with an iphone you are forever swiping...with WP8 swipe to the right, select the first letter of the app name and boom, you have your app...seriously it's much better (ex- iphone/android user)
    - the experience works much better if you jump completely into the windows ecosystem...there is no reason why you can't still use your macbook...sign up for an outlook.com account (live account..you already have it probably from setting up the phone)...there you can use skydrive and sync your office documents with your macbook. Also, outlook.com is far better than gmail...it is easy to switch and you'll be thankful

Cool review btw
    02-09-2013 12:20 PM
30 12