Most Stable Windows Phone 8 Applications and Battery Life issues..

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
10 percent battery decreased on standby from last night to right now, in the morning. is that normal?

Do you leave 3G active all the time? This will surely drain the battery even when the phone is sat doing nothing. I leave my phone in Flight mode over night and the battery doesn't drop at all.

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
10 percent battery decreased on standby from last night to right now, in the morning. is that normal?
It could be if you don't have a good cell signal. Put in Airplane mode like Worzel mentioned, download a battery logging app to get a better clue of how your battery is draining and give it a few days of full charge discharge cycles.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Do you leave 3G active all the time? This will surely drain the battery even when the phone is sat doing nothing. I leave my phone in Flight mode over night and the battery doesn't drop at all.
No! In fact, keeping that in mind I turned data off in the evening it self, so that the battery would last longer...

q8buckeye

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok. People need to understand something: Estimated time remaining is an approximation based off of how you've been using your phone recently. If for the past hour you haven't touched your phone, it will probably show something like: 1 day remaining. That's because, according to your latest usage patterns, you're not using your phone heavily. However, if right after you viewed 2 or 3 youtube videos, you'll get an estimated time left of 1hr or something. This is perfectly logical. Estimated remaining times aren't "off" or anything.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap man, relax. Deep breaths.

First of all, using 9% of your battery in in an hour and 15 minutes is not at all unusual you were actually using the phone or had a "busy" app running in the background.

Second of all, the "time remaining" on any phone is merely a rough estimate based on a few factors, one of which is how you're using the phone. Ever notice how the real time MPG estimators on cars fluctuate wildly? You accelerate and they drop to 11 mpg, then you coast down hill at highway speeds and they go up to 39 MPG.

Time remaining is just an estimate and often not a good one at that. It doesn't sound like there is anything at all wrong with your phone to me. Just relax and it enjoy the phone buddy.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, I understood the estimated time part, but I still think the battery is going faster than it should, even when I have turned data off...i'll get back to you as the day ends and how much I last, im not really using that much, from the morning at 6 AM when it was 100% to now, being 51%, the max I used is for 1 hour, that includes the time in school. and stuff...I don't have background apps running...I used it on wifi for them most part..i'll see how it goes for the rest of the day...thanks! thanks a lot!

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I used Tune In app over bluetooth today at work and it sucked over 20% of battery life in an hour :confused: Phone was very warm from behind and that also confirms huge battery drain. That app needs some serious fine tuning. Other app is Board express and if you leave it running it drains battery very fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss