Sync outlook to l920? Will this help prolong my battery life?

zachjjackson

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I've read around recently and have caught wind that possibly using outlook to link your emails together and sync them with the phone will help with battery life? How exactly do I do this is that is true? any help or links to a tutorial or something would be helpful.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can go into settings and add accounts. This is for outlook.com

Not sure if it actually saves battery
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

zachjjackson

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can go into settings and add accounts. This is for outlook.com

Not sure if it actually saves battery
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Do I have to setup my outlook.com account different than my microsoft account? like under a different email?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
hmm guess I might of read wrong then haha, I just figured it kinda made sense, since technically it would only be one account refreshing for multiple accounts, instead of multiple accounts refreshing on the phone.

You are just linking the accounts together from UI perspective. Otherwise you are adding an account that will poll every 30 minutes or whatever time you choose and connect to radio to find new changes.

zachjjackson

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
You are just linking the accounts together from UI perspective. Otherwise you are adding an account that will poll every 30 minutes or whatever time you choose and connect to radio to find new changes.

it's weird that I can't even get it to sync because I linked both my gmail accounts through outlook.com and dragged them under inbox, but when I go into email + accounts and microsoft account and check email, in my inbox it says no mail

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
it's weird that I can't even get it to sync because I linked both my gmail accounts through outlook.com and dragged them under inbox, but when I go into email + accounts and microsoft account and check email, in my inbox it says no mail

Have a look if it's syncing all emails, from last seven days or from last one month. Have you received anything in last seven days? Also, in email + settings under your linked inbox, does it say up-to-date?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea