Lumia 920 locking up

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a 920 at the same time as my wife... her unit actually locked up in the car before we got home and installed the phone update.

It then locked up several times over the next few days and eventually locked up mid-call.

Meanwhile my phone has never locked up...

We took hers back to the store and they swapped it. Her new phone has never locked up.

Fedor Zhuravlev

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
My new Lumia 920 locks up every night, usually when left in a wireless charging cradle. My first yellow Lumia 920 never did, however I had to exchange it because wired charging broke two weeks later. I regret to say it but if I had to by a new phone, it would not be one from Nokia...

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My new Lumia 920 locks up every night, usually when left in a wireless charging cradle. My first yellow Lumia 920 never did, however I had to exchange it because wired charging broke two weeks later. I regret to say it but if I had to by a new phone, it would not be one from Nokia...

Mine does the same thing too, which is during the night. Fortunately not every time.. I don't think it was a hardware issue. BTW are you related with Fedor Emelianenko ? Just joking :p

JNiemi

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I go crazy with with my lumia, after portico update my phone go blank and get reset date is randomly (last one 1.9.1012 and time were 09.01).
When i press open/lock button only thing what i get is those three buttons lights flash and thats it.
Allways have softreset this piece of ****. I cant trust this phone at all, after portico update.
I have remove software by software and nothing helps, still same problem occurs.
Hope this will fixed soon, because without those damn bugs this would be phone just for me...

wrighty694

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
same issues here with handset locking, usually (as in every occasion i can remember) while on charge......i haven't picked up a wireless charger yet and i'm using two different wired chargers are the moment, neither of which are the ones supplied with the phone, so if anyone can confirm if they're having the problem with the supplied charger and cable i'd appreciate it. i'll try turning wifi off during a charge cycle and see if that affects anything.
Oh one other thing......when i soft-reset mine off a bricking the date and time are resetting to (i think it's) 01/09/2012 05:47am which i assume is a hard code time start in the OS....if this is not corrected then there's all manner of issues for the phone OS misbehaving so i'd recommend you all check for that if you're resetting and ensure your time and date are correctly set after the reset. Aside of that? Well hopefully the update will clear the issue and i can get back to loving the phone without wondering whether it's gonna blank me at an important moment......haha.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I replaced my phone and this one is flawless
actually love the phone now

maybe try flash the newest firmware.. see if it fixes it.. if not just flash it back an try get it fixed on warranty

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
same issues here with handset locking, usually (as in every occasion i can remember) while on charge......
Confirmed. Both wired and wireless (more frequent on wireless). Also less frequent after Portico. I used Flight Mode as a workaround, but now I have experienced freeze there as well ...

wrighty694

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Hamzie i appreciate the point you're making of flashing the firmware but seeing as it's a vodafone-bound version i didn't fancy it tbh but thanks for the input, and thanks also to Helsten for the feedback.
For ref, have done two charging cycles (top-ups in essence) with wifi off and no bricking so far :) will update further in due course

wrighty694

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Dammit....forgot to disable wifi and left it to charge and it bricked for the first time in a fortnight so that's confirmed for me.....d'oh!

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had 2 different Lumia 920s with the lock-up issue. Usually happens overnight while charging (on the official cord), but I have experienced it when not charging. I don't think charging has anything to do with it. I think it has something to do with being idle for a long time.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it is heat related. The last two times that my 920 touch screen stopped responding, I laid my phone on a frozen bag of peas for a couple of minutes and it was fine afterwards.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I flashed my phone with the new 1308 firmware 10 days ago.
Still no freeze or reboot .... So maybe, maybe ... :amaze:

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
For those with the issue, why arent you getting it repaired or replaced like I did?
I experienced this problem the day after I received my phone (early December last year). I immediately contacted Nokia Care and was told that this was a known issue and that an upcoming firmware update would fix it ....

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss