Finally, an app that puts a temperature icon on your lock screen

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just found locktemp, which does only one thing: it places the current local temperature on your lock screen using the 'lock screen integration' method. That also means you get to keep your lock screen picture. Finally, no more need to open the front door in the morning.

LockTemp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

If anyone knows of a better alternative let me know, but so far this works fine.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I like this app. Not only is it ad-free trial but also it does precisely what it says AND doesn't ask for 10,000 different permissions. Only your location which makes sense. This is how all apps should be in terms of permissions.

Butan

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't work for me.
Downloaded the Trial and now weather in the lock screen. Maybe Germany isn't yet supported.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the trial version, and it seems to be working perfectly today. Given that the lock screen 'widgets' come with an icon, I wonder if it's possible to change the icon to represent e.g. predicted afternoon weather instead of the generic thermometer icon. Not sure what is disabled in the trial, seems fully functional to me. There's a 'buy me' icon on the single settings page, and that's it.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
This is very nice! I'm surprised some of the other weather apps haven't incorporated this yet. My favorite lock screen to this point is the Facebook integration, but up until now I haven't been able to include the temp. Now I can. Excellent.

wp_ss_20130106_0003.jpg

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
No, it hasn't. This adds the temp to the notifications. This app allows you to keep another lockscreen in use, like rotating facebook pictures.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I think we're slowly coming to the point where MS may need to really open up certain design/user paradigms of WP8 to the developer community and end users.

You see, I would like to be able to put news updates from Bloomberg as my lock-screen, but I also want Weather Flow (for current and 24hr weather) too - all at once. Others may want to see more than one appointment/event on their calendar live tile. There are probably many other examples of wants, and I don't think it'll result in chaos... People's customization needs are based on the styles already set in WP.

I hope MS takes this into account for the next big update.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
ok so I have all the weather apps, so far I havent been able to use my own wallpaper and have the weather at the same time. maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte