Find My Phone shows as "Off" in the Settings Menu, but it appears to be On

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
This has worried me since I got the phone. Under the Settings, "Find My Phone" is always shown as "Off".
Tapping on it and getting to the underlying option to set it, I was able to set it to "On". When I go to MS's find your phone webpage I can find my phone. Whew. But why is this happening? Is it this way with the other Lumia 920s out there? All WinPhone8 handsets? My 920 is from AT&T and came with the Portaco update installed.

It might be easy to chill over a bad menu, but this feature has to work perfectly in the sad event of it being required.

Anyone else see this on their phones? Am zI doing something wrong?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Its on, its show OFF to choose that option. If you go to windowsphone.com and click locate it will locate your phone.

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please confirm it is normal that when the phone finder is turned 'on', that in the application list (under settings) it shows as 'off'

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Can someone take a screenshot as-well? what would be considered "off" and "on"?

Cause while I have both boxes checked, when i go to the website and refresh my location, it cannot find my phone.

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same settings at the screenshots, they have always been the same (before and after portico). US - ATT - Portico updated.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
before portico i had the setting where it was a slider that you can enable on or off. after the update i now have the options as pic 2. maybe the international ppl still have the slider and u.s. and canada ppl have the check marks? as far as the windowsphone.com site goes, it can still locate your phone even if you have it unchecked in your phone settings. it goes off of the last location known. so if you are still in the last location known, guess what? it's the same for backing up your apps. from the site you can resend an app you previously installed to your phone as long as you have the push sms option in your phone settings check marked. on the site it will tell you your phone could not be reached but your app will still be sent to your phone and installed.

7SAN

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, i had this issue a while ago, apparently windowsphone.com account was casing the settings duplication of two phones (two lumia 920 due to the multiple resets), delete the duplicate one, it should solve the issue, if not, do as i did, i deleted both and did a reset.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, i had this issue a while ago, apparently windowsphone.com account was casing the settings duplication of two phones (two lumia 920 due to the multiple resets), delete the duplicate one, it should solve the issue, if not, do as i did, i deleted both and did a reset.
I knew it was something I wasn't thinking of. I remember long ago on wp7 I had to delete a duplicate , thx!

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
7san, thanks for your solution.....i deleted my previous phones from windows.com, as you said, and reset my phone, i now have all options showing on the 'find my phone' settings. (the phone is still being replaced tomorrow though due to poor call reception....'buzzy' ear speaker)

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I was using the 900 for a few months when i decided to buy the 920. Does this means i have to remove the 900 from my Windowsphone.com? At the moment the 900 is still being used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb