Lumia 920 refusing to power on after trying to update...

txDrum

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
My mom and sister JUST got a lumia 920 and Windows Phone 8X yesterday. Today, I tried to update the software on the Lumia 920. Battery was about 60% but plugged in on both when I ran the update.

The Lumia 920 has now lost ALL of its charge (I downloaded the update fine), and refuses to power on. This happened after I tried to install the update (Update 8.0.10211.204). I can't turn it on or anything, and it's getting hot while charging and refusing to accept a charge (even though it says it is charging). It is cycling through the Rogers, Nokia, and red battery power screens now. (Canada).

Does ANYBODY have this issue? I tried a soft reset, but got a :-( face after trying it. Now it's cycling on and off.

Update on the 8X worked fine.

Same as Nokia begins Windows Phone 8 OS update for AT&T and Rogers | Windows Phone Central

Edit: It's now stopped cycling, and simply says there's a red bar while charging, but it isn't actually taking the charge, just getting really hot.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Try to force boot it by holding the power and volume down buttons for about 20 seconds. If that doesn't work then you may need to replace the device.

txDrum

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Try to force boot it while holding the power and volume down buttons for about 20 seconds. If that doesn't work then you may need to replace the device.

Tried that, isn't working. I get the :-( face. This sucks. Was working fine, and it was a pain in the ass to get (we just moved to Canada, so we have no canadian credit and phone companies are assholes sometimes)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6