How to get better night shots?

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I got the same problem. I think my lens is clean.
ISO and EV won't fix this - I've tried multiple combinations.

Did you physically clean your lens? Could be a thin difficult to see layer. The difference is quite remarkable in the above link by ttsoldier.
Also, what combinations did you try?

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Taken from another post..

You might also want to adjust manually to 200.

Did you physically clean your lens? Could be a thin difficult to see layer. The difference is quite remarkable in the above link by ttsoldier.
Also, what combinations did you try?

Thanks for sharing the links and advice, guys. I will try to clean it and test tonight. From the pictures, it does show a significant improvement from those flares.

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
are you holding it steady? Using the camera button or touching screen to capture pic?

try touching screen to capture photo!

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
are you holding it steady? Using the camera button or touching screen to capture pic?

try touching screen to capture photo!

I think I held it steady, but of course, holding a phone steady is much harder than hold a camera. I personally use a Cannon S95.

And I always use tap to capture, no flash but auto focus light.

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Also I didn't think this would make a difference but using the flash can help depending on the distance of the shot. Check this shot below, really dark setting one with flash and one without using night setting.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=14699B2AC572D45A!1676&authkey=!AGxmjj66jihgios

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=14699B2AC572D45A!1675&authkey=!ADXiFbwH-MgZjBc

The one without the glare, is that with flash or no?

My shots are done with all Auto setting, except no flash. I use the focus assistance light though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans