Is anybody's Lumia 920 not suffering from either a hardware or software issue?

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Feels as if I just took it out the box and am using it for the first time. Every time I take it out of my pocket xD.

Wonderful phone this Lumia 920 is

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my fourth one and this one has close to zero issues. It rebooted once about three weeks ago but has been completely stable since then. Battery life's great and updates are coming. I have made it a habit to turn off the phone at night, then turn it on again and place it in the wireless charger over night. Just got back from a business trip to England - again, no issues whatsoever. I was the only one of my group who could actually use WiFi in the hotel because WiFi reception is exceptional on the 920. The others wouldn't even see the access point. I'm extremely happy with it!
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_224 using Board Express

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have made it a habit to turn off the phone at night, then turn it on again and place it in the wireless charger over night.

this is a good habit to have an doesnt take time out of your day to do. i do it in reverse with restarting my phone after a full charge but its the same in practice. i think of it as using my desktop. restarting my desktop pc daily ensures that i can get the best performance out of my pc because it free's up resources. since windows phone uses the same kernel, logic would dictate to do this with your windows phone also. this coincidently helps your battery life also because it helps your battery indicator calibrate faster and more accurately. everyone i know that i've been able to convince to get a lumia 920 (which to this date has been 6 people) i have told to do this trick for the first week of having their new device and not 1 of them have come to me complaining about bad battery life. so so far i've had 100% track record with doing this. i STILL do this with my lumia 920 even after having it since it went retail the first day at AT&T stores. it just makes sense to refresh the phone's resources to give it a fresh start at the beginning of the day.

marcinaldo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am usually very patent. I was ready to wait for the firmware upgrades, etc. but after another day when the battery was completely drained after 10 hours (sometimes I get almost 2 days of usage) and another problems with hearing other side of the conversation, I decided that I'm selling my Lumia...

Besides I wanted to give WP a chance. I was bored with static iOS, but after 2 months of usage there are more things that annoy me than those that are cool. I needed to turn off most of Live Tiles to improve battery life, one volume control for everything is very annoying for me, lack of podcast support, worse quality of apps or no apps at all (I thought that this won't be a problem for me but it is), issues with sound quality and adding all the small things (why I can't see battery and coverage level all the time, why multitasking works in such an awkward way, etc.)

So currently, I am waiting for iPhone 5 to arrive on Wednesday. I will be missing some of the features from Nokia and I hope that it can succeed, but current state is not good enough for me...

pazces84

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No issues to report for my L920. Well... there is the annoying dust in the front-facing camera. Kind of an eye sore but still very happy with my Lumia 920.

V J

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Well I haven't visited this thread in over 2 weeks. That's mainly because I've been hanging around Android Central. Yes, I'm sad to say that after 13 years of using no other phone brand except Nokia, I've finally jumped ship and switched to a 4G Samsung Galaxy S3. I just couldn't justify sinking over $1400 into 2 separate Lumia 920s and still failing to find a good handset. Complete opposite of my current experience with the Galaxy S3, which I won't go into detail as the last thing I want is to get flamed here.

Suffice to say I'm extremely happy I've made the switch and I most likely won't be coming back to Nokia until they switch to Android (if they ever do) and assuming they've sorted out their hardware manufacturing issues.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Let me tell too ... extremely happy with my RED Lumia 920 - it has been close to perfect since Portico update ... there is no one, who can offer me all the same as Lumia 920 do - like a such great camera with OIS for blurry free photos, a great video recording (with extremely good voice), a great display with sensitive touch and sun light readability, a great audio quality with equalizer (I use WH-920 ear-plugs, but it is the same with any other high quality ear plugs), a great Nokia OFFLINE maps and Drive+, some can be used offline too - super useful for holidays and business trips ... as well as other Nokia software collection, like Nokia Music (Radio Mix), Photo Beamer, etc. ... Summary: there is no substitute for me at the moment, not even close one, even others are good ones too, like Galaxy S3 or Note 2, HTC 8X, iPhone 5, but no way that I would use any of them instead of my love one ... of course, you have to pick up the one, some fit for you ... :)

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I love my red 920 but the out of the blue battery drain issue is getting to me.Today I was not even using the phone and it drained from 90% to flat in less then 2 hours.

WP7_Genius

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes my phone locks up more than it should and I was told that the lockup that occurs during Nokia Drive usage is because I went wrong too many times, is that correct? But it locks ups with home screen also the slide to unlock acts funny like my finger registers a short time then it becomes unresponsive.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have an issue-free Lumia. Got one on the first try. My phone is not from the first batch of phones due to them starting to sell in Finland much later than in the US for example.

bigkuri

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Newbie here, but an issue free 920 here too. No overheating, no reboots or freezes, no dust. Mine too was not from the first batch of phones, but from the factory very close to Christmas. Could not be happier

Korfuntu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 920 has operated flawlessly since I got it. My battery life is great, but I am judicious about what apps I download and which ones I allow to use live tiles, believing (righl or wrong) that excessive use of the live tiles may create a larger drain on the battery. I also am sparing with my permissions to use my location, preferring to use GPS only when I need a service which truly depends upon it (like driving somewhere or locating a nearly merchant or restaurant).
So far I have no complaints.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I returned my Black Lumia 920 a couple of weeks ago. It took about 2 and a half weeks for me to receive my refund...but sure enough, as soon as I got my refund due to a defective Lumia 920, I bought a replacement. So far, the replacement is stable, no creaking, no dust in the ffc, battery seems to be great, no freezing or random resets. The only thing SO FAR is that the three bottom capacitive buttons on the bottom do not come out as a bright white when lit. There's a yellow/light green hue or tint to it. I think this was reported with some of the developer builds. It's not a big problem for me and I can definitely live with it if that's the only flaw this replacement phone has. I'll report back after more time and usage with the phone. Hopefully it stays this flawless.

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The only thing SO FAR is that the three bottom capacitive buttons on the bottom do not come out as a bright white when lit. There's a yellow/light green hue or tint to it.

Mine has this too, I read though that that's just the way they are haha its something you don't notice till someone points it out to you and it doesn't bother me really.

But that aside, Had my 920 for almost a week now. No issues to report so far. First couple of days the battery drained like a mofo but thats gone now.
Totally in love with it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss