ATT warranty will take about a week to send replacement

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Just FYI. My 920 bricked after I did a hard reset. And since I'm over my 30 days (more like 2 months), ATT store had me call an 800 number to get a replacement, which rung 611. I've gotten replacements before, under the 1 year manufacturer warranty with ATT and they've sent it overnight in the past. Now they want to charge $15, I think it was, for overnight or free if I wait a week. Well, I went for free.99 and I'm back to my once beloved Focus. You remember, one of the OG Windows Phones? Anyway, I'm sad. I miss my Lumia. :unhappy:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Just FYI. My 920 bricked after I did a hard reset. And since I'm over my 30 days (more like 2 months), ATT store had me call an 800 number to get a replacement, which rung 611. I've gotten replacements before, under the 1 year manufacturer warranty with ATT and they've sent it overnight in the past. Now they want to charge $15, I think it was, for overnight or free if I wait a week. Well, I went for free.99 and I'm back to my once beloved Focus. You remember, one of the OG Windows Phones? Anyway, I'm sad. I miss my Lumia. :unhappy:

Doesn't surprise me.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
15$ was too much? Wow.

Then again, I've seen people complaining about .99c games..

Makes me wonder a lot.

Well... Yeah it is. I can mail the same phone to anyone in the US through the USPS, priority for about $5, 3-5 days. This phone is only coming from Texas. Anyway, like I said, this post is just FYI about to expect with a warranti exchange with ATT for your 920.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had to return a phone recently, but I remember Palm would cross ship you overnight a new/refurbished phone. If you didn't return the old one in a week they charged your credit card, and it was free as long as your phone was under warranty. I guess it's service like that have us expecting it nowadays.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I haven't had to return a phone recently, but I remember Palm would cross ship you overnight a new/refurbished phone. If you didn't return the old one in a week they charged your credit card, and it was free as long as your phone was under warranty. I guess it's service like that have us expecting it nowadays.

My exact thoughts.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
i received my replacement 920 4 days after the request was sent. i didn't pay for shipping either.

i usually dont say this, but att has been impressing me with their cs. i'm happy with the outcome.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
i received my replacement 920 4 days after the request was sent. i didn't pay for shipping either.

i usually dont say this, but att has been impressing me with their cs. i'm happy with the outcome.

That's not bad at all. Tracking says it left facility on the 7th. Hopefully, I'll get mine before the weekend.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Well... DAMNIT!!! My phone has been passed around in Texas for 4 days now! When is going to leave that damn State? I hope the Texans lose bad against the Patriots this weekend.... Grrrrrrrr!!!

Capture.JPG

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My Dad's was defective and I called and had them send out a warranty replacement.
They upgraded the shipping and waved the fee. It came in 2 days.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I called att today and all replacement phones are reconditioned not new, I said no thanks. Hopefully they will have another update that will at least fix the battery stability issues.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I called att today and all replacement phones are reconditioned not new, I said no thanks. Hopefully they will have another update that will at least fix the battery stability issues.

I've gotten warranty replacements with ATT in the past and they always tell me that I'll get new or refurbed. I've always received new phones. Or at least it looked brand new. If it was refurbished, I couldn't tell the difference. I can let you know what I get once it comes in.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Now it's in Campton, CA. Wow, they are making sure it doesn't get to me any sooner than expected. That's a pretty long detour. Guess no 920 this weekend.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Yes!!! Surprisingly, phone came in today! They only sent the phone without the retail packaging and accessories. They expect us to use our current chargers. It does still have its plastic wrapped around the back and covered screen as well, like it was brand new. No scratches anywhere. Looks flawless. If this is refurbished, I can't tell at all.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes!!! Surprisingly, phone came in today! They only sent the phone without the retail packaging and accessories. They expect us to use our current chargers. It does still have its plastic wrapped around the back and covered screen as well, like it was brand new. No scratches anywhere. Looks flawless. If this is refurbished, I can't tell at all.

Let me know how the battery life is, I may call to get a replacement if your batter life improves.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Let me know how the battery life is, I may call to get a replacement if your batter life improves.

Its been about a week with my replacement phone and battery life is about the same as my bricked one: took off the phone from charger about 10am this morning, and now have 42% battery life left at 1am. Still happy :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99