Email sync problems

Smileymtl

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with their outlook email account? I was having problems syncing this morning getting error code 85002012. I tried changing the email account settings, did a soft reset and still having this issue. My Gmail account seems fine. After messing around with my email account settings I now get error 85010017 and the email icon I pinned to my homescreen disappeared. I did a search and found this:

https://status.live.com/

Seems like some people are having issues with their mobile devices?

nutsmark

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I am having problems already after only having the phone for around a week. The problem i am etting is that the handset deletes all my mail periodically even though i havent synced my phone with my email account. Does anybody have a solution to this only this is now getting very frustrating especially when i am out of the office i switched from an Andriod phone to the windows phone as i thought it was a problem with the Andriod software. so far not impressed with the Nokia Lumia 920 at all.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have mine set to update the items from the last 7 days. So after that time it stops displaying them. You can set it much longer I do this when I want to look fir a specific item from months ago. You need to go n to sync settings.

cycwp

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I also still have the same error 85002012 since Monday morning. My WP8 Nokia phone from AT&T has this error. Not sure if it is because of the Microsoft service status issue with hotmail. :eck:

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I had connection issues yesterday but apparently the servers for mobile where down. Having connection issues again today. My email didn't update for 6 hours today. Not sure abut now because my phone died.

FLLMTR

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had the exact same problem since Tuesday and this is how I fixed it.

Since you cannot delete the primary email account I went into Hotmail Settings.

Open the email application. Then go to settings.

For newbee's touch the three tiny dots located directly above the touch capacitive magnifying glass at the bottom right of the screen. This will bring up four choices - folders, settings, linked inboxes, add email account.

Touch "settings"

Touch your hotmail account (if it is linked)

Touch "sync settings"

Touch the field below "Download new content" and change it to "as items arrive"

Your email should sync immediately. After this you can go back to "Download new content" and change it to whatever you had to previously.

It seems like it there is a run time error that hangs up the sync. But by simply changing the sync settings temporarily is enough to reset the connection. At least it worked for me. Let me know if it works for you folks.

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I I had the same issue, obviously microsoft is aware of the issue, mine was that way for 2 days and just tonight did it start functioning again.

Topacciolo

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
No.. mine was set as "as item arrive" so i selected an other option and sync manually and i still had the same message. I thank re selected "as item Arrived" and as soon i got out of the mail folder and back in i had the same message....Sad...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05