Wrong number

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
It's the voicemail number (as it says ...)

EDIT:
I only have one number.
Must depend on country ...

Last edited:

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea there's two numbers there. The top one says My phone number but its not my number.

Are they both to do with voicemail then??

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I would call the number. See if it is a duplicate Diamondy. Maybe they are trying to take your place. Maybe YOUR the duplicate. Oh the insanity!!

cityhunterx

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue too, its because I ported my number from a different carrier. The incorrect number is the one your new carrier issued you till the port finalised, so both numbers are associated on your account, more to do with back end stuff!

zacconic

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
You can change the number on the SIM using a phone that can save the number in your SIM. You can do it with iPhone and old Nokia phones (maybe others), you can't with Android.
Generally the options is in Settings/Phone/My Number or something similar. I did it with my new SIM (the one i prepared for the yellow Lumia 920 i'm waiting for) just before posting.

Last edited:

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that Zacconic, I was able to change mine over using an old Sony Ericsson W810i. Wouldn't work with my N8 or N79.
The problem is linked to how new SIMs are registered to the network and activated. This was a replacement SIM and previously when this is done, it was registered in store. This time I was told to do it over the phone and hence the 11 zeros came up.
All fine now though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium