Indian 920 corner

Anuj Singhal

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Yajur, can you enable LTE while using UK rom? I know in Indian rom the max data speed selection is limited to 3g... Is LTE option give under UK rom? One of my friend is moving to UK for a year or so.. Right now L920 is cheaper in India for contact free. So he wants to buy here and use it in UK and bring it back once he returns. The issue we were talking is whether he can install the UK rom and use the 4G network over there? Do you have any idea on this and give us your insights...

You can add a new APN and change the data type from default to LTE on Indian ROM too.

lordashley

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Guys anyone in Bangalore who is aware where there is NL920 Yellow stock available. BTM NPD said 19th for sure i would receive the phone now they saying only on Wednesday ...anyone who also got a similar response????

Neil Crasto

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
i charge from wall only .. :p
lappy se it takes ages ...

I had the same problem the 1st 4 days...now my battery life has improved drastically...apparently the nokia lumia 920 has the litium ion batteries...what that means..is that the more u charge it the better it becomes...how it works is its not at the optimum level when u buy it cause its obvly new...after a few charges it calibrates itself accordingly and gives u the optimum usage value...this may take upto 10 ~ 20 charges...now with heavy usage i get around 5% ~ 7% batt burn an hour...so arnd roughly 12 ~ 15 hours of drainage time from 100 to 4 ~ 3.

This also depends on your bg activity like live tile updates, brightness, nfc, bt, pushin email updates, sensitivity, lock timer etc...yes i have noticed at times some unanswerable drains..but thats mostly cause of some apps not optimized for wp8 yet...future updates shld fix this...

For example :- I have my bt off sensitivity minimum, nfc off, wifi on, data if im goin out, email on hourly, xbox off, bg activity minimum like batt widget, cnn, weather, n lockscreen pic changer and another 2...roughly set on hourly or 3 hours...today i took it of charging at 6 in the morning..heavy use till 9 i.e 2 hours of music(stored not mixed radio)...whatsapp...update notifications and reading some cricket content also a few calls....went down 29% din use my phone much till 1ish battery was at 68% after that moderate use till 12 at night...by that whatsapp regularly...email checking...fooling arnd with camera..listenin to few songs..showin off my phone bla bla bla...basic stuff ..oh yea i spoke for 1hour 30 minutes in the middle...at arnd 12ish my batt was 9% (with 60% of it on wifi and the 40 on data plan)...which is satisfactory to me so..yea just hang in there it shld get better...i hav also had days in the start that it wont make it to 4~ 5 hrs..

Also i have noticed a significant drain when using the nokia music...mixe music option even after u are done and u shut the app and the song, u dont really shut the song..u pause it as in..u can press the volume rocker to the side of the phone and resume where u left off..havnt really found a way to stop the song completely but it disappears after arnd 12~15 minutes...another way i hav found to overcome this is startin and stoppin stored music...just saying during that time the battery just drains like a B*****e..apart from that there are sudden spikes but..it settles down so yea...

I have used a s2 and a sony xperia..on an average it use to last me arnd 6 ~ 8 hrs...data plan does drain ur battery..arnd 11% n hour...so this phone shld give u that much...if not more...I know it sucks that this phone has so many awesome features but u cant really enjoy them..cause of battery and other reasons...but the question is to be asked do u really need em??? until u really do...switch em off...

Last edited:

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
to all thoes who really wanna stop music, try searching stop Music app in store, it places a tile on start and on single tap, u can permanently stop music, and it will not be shown whn u press volume rocker. Hope it helps.
Case solved.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
or have whatsapp installed.. that ****ty app uses background audio for messages and clears music history
hahaha, ya thats true, but i hv good news. New update of whatsapp for wp8 is round the corner and rumor says it could bring native support, that means it will not use background music profile and will not clear music history!

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Another battery saving tip... I've actually turned off "search for wi-fi hotspots automatically." If it is turned on, it keeps on continuously looking around for wi-fi hotspots once you are out of your registered wi-fi networks. This is a kind of background task hogging on phone battery... I've configured the wifi of my work place and home. If I need wifi at any other place, I manually find and add them instead of phone asking me to chose a network.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone please tell me how to turn the dialing keypad tone off? Can it be done with the ringtone volume set to maximum?
Its really irritating :(
At best you can turn off the keypad tone under ringtone+sound settings. There is no way you reduce the keypad tone... Again a basic feature of S40 Symbian phones, Nokia couldn't put it Lumia. Maybe WP 8 restriction...

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
At best you can turn off the keypad tone under ringtone+sound settings. There is no way you reduce the keypad tone... Again a basic feature of S40 Symbian phones, Nokia couldn't put it Lumia. Maybe WP 8 restriction...

Want it off so fine with it :)

Oh crap it also shut off the sounds while typing anything :(
All i want is just the dialing pad sounds to be off

Suman Ivaturi

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Not sure if this question is already asked on this forum , but did any one play Xbox games with their Xbox Smart glass App. Also are the Xbox games available only for those who have xbox??

Thanks,
Suman

pattas

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations to all the proud owners of NL 920. I?m in the market for a new phone?have been a BB users and looking for a change.
The current is toss is b/w NL 920 and Nexus 4.
Had a questions of on the NL 920 : If I buy a full price NL 920 from AT&T, will it work in India (post unlocking?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire