Indian 920 corner

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Guys I need your help!

Was playing with the camera and tried to take low light shots with all photo settings turned to default, focus light assist on n flash off. Took pictures in a dark room with dim light source the result I get is bad!! The pic is dark and nothing is visible :( I reset the camera setting and even did a phone reset! its still the same!

Its nowhere close the the vids demoed on youtube by various channels..Im afraid my camera lens is defective

Anyone else facing the same problem in low or no light?

HELP!

Thats kind weird. I bought the phone yesterday and its working fine for me.

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Guys,

I finally bought Lumia 920 yellow color. This phone is just awesome.. only drawback is weight which will I probably get used to it in couple of days.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Guys I need your help! Was playing with the camera and tried to take low light shots with all photo settings turned to default, focus light assist on n flash off. Took pictures in a dark room with dim light source the result I get is bad!! The pic is dark and nothing is visible :( I reset the camera setting and even did a phone reset! its still the same! Its nowhere close the the vids demoed on youtube by various channels..Im afraid my camera lens is defective Anyone else facing the same problem in low or no light? HELP!
dude, u will not get good dark shots comparable to those on net until u do not play with settings. For a start, try using night mode in scene setting, then u can play with advanced options like iso, exposure value, white balance etc. I can explain all these advanced settings in simple way on my blog if fair amount of people asked for it.

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody upload a pic taken by your 920 in a pitch dark room with no lighting, all setting set to default and flash turned off? Will be a huge favor thanks....

@yajur quality is still disappointing..

@laxman guntu Are you from Mumbai?? the yellow isn't available anywhere n how much did you get it for?? just do me a favor n upload a pic taken in a pitch dark room...thanks

@iamshelocked nice blog bro! watch?v=rtCgFW39BL8 this guy gets an awesome pic in a dark room with no light source! Just wondering why cant I get a pic like that

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody upload a pic taken by your 920 in a pitch dark room with no lighting, all setting set to default and flash turned off? Will be a huge favor thanks....

@laxman guntu Are you from Mumbai?? the yellow isn't available anywhere n how much did you get it for?? just do me a favor n upload a pic taken in a pitch dark room...thanks

@iamshelocked nice blog bro! watch?v=rtCgFW39BL8 this guy gets an awesome pic in a dark room with no light source! Just wondering why cant I get a pic like that

There has to be some light in the room. If its completely dark, you have to turn the flash on!

abxy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If the room is pitch dark then the lumia 920 can not do anything :grin:
anyways Lumia 920 creates magic in low lights. For that you need to half press the camera button, it will focus and you will hear a beep. Then full press the camera button.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site

dude, if its pitch dark and even u cant see anything, how could a 920 see it? Remember, our eyes are best cameras and what scientist are trying to do is, replicating it, so moral of the story is, what you saw on youtube was just an illusion coz room was having some light. And from the camera he was recording it cant capture low lights and thats why you saw total dark. So throw in some light and see what u can do with it

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
as the above guy said, it could be possible to get it now. I may be wrong and it could be possible that i become late in doing this. You can ofcourse give it a try, but still, looking at current tarrifs and other service charges and offerings, i will not suggest u to port to airtel, moreover, u also know how much time it takes to port a no.. Sou may run over time.
If u still searching any way, there is one, buy new sim, and try it. :)
and no, there is no way other than credit card. Only nokia ovi store accept frm phone bill. I am aldo suffering from same issue, my family dont have any credit card. Nokia and ms should atleast allow debit cards, but that is hard due to security issue, but any good is always welcome....

Visa and MasterCard debit cards are already supported because they are virtually treated as Visa and MasterCard credit cards respectively on international gateways (google it for more info.). I have already used my ICICI and HDFC visa debit card for WP app purchase and for other international payments. Infact my ICICI debit card is linked with MS account even at this point of time. Just click on buy, enter 3 digit CVV and 3D secure password and whoila, payment done.. app/game purchased!

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Visa and MasterCard debit cards are already supported because they are virtually treated as Visa and MasterCard credit cards respectively on international gateways (google it for more info.). I have already used my ICICI and HDFC visa debit card for WP app purchase and for other international payments. Infact my ICICI debit card is linked with MS account even at this point of time. Just click on buy, enter 3 digit CVV and 3D secure password and whoila, payment done.. app/game purchased!
nice, but my bob visa was not accepted, and there, it was written credit cards, so i thought it do not accept debit cards.

yourfriend4life

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Guys I need your help!

Was playing with the camera and tried to take low light shots with all photo settings turned to default, focus light assist on n flash off. Took pictures in a dark room with dim light source the result I get is bad!! The pic is dark and nothing is visible :( I reset the camera setting and even did a phone reset! its still the same!

Its nowhere close the the vids demoed on youtube by various channels..Im afraid my camera lens is defective

Anyone else facing the same problem in low or no light?

HELP!

Hello, I bought a yellow Lumia 920 in Mumbai as well, & even my Lumia 920 shows only black photo in pitch dark, I saw a video of some guy taking photo in Pitch Dark & the photo cameout fine, even I put all settings to default but my L920 is not showing any brightness in pitch dark, please help, same problem :(

also, can anyone tell me how to tag a friend in the ME Hub on facebook ? What I mean is when I open ME Hub, it shows my facebook integrated & updates in the notification area, so if someone has commented on my photo, & if I want to reply to a specific person by tagging his name & typing the comment then, how can I do that in L920 ? There is no option of tagging name, i cannot find it, please help !

Also, does anybody know how to enable subtitles in a video? What kind of subtitle file does WP8 Support ?
Also how do we find the file size of a specific file like a photo/video ?

Last edited:

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I bought a yellow Lumia 920 in Mumbai as well, & even my Lumia 920 shows only black photo in pitch dark, I saw a video of some guy taking photo in Pitch Dark & the photo cameout fine, even I put all settings to default but my L920 is not showing any brightness in pitch dark, please help, same problem :(

also, can anyone tell me how to tag a friend in the ME Hub on facebook ? What I mean is when I open ME Hub, it shows my facebook integrated & updates in the notification area, so if someone has commented on my photo, & if I want to reply to a specific person by tagging his name & typing the comment then, how can I do that in L920 ? There is no option of tagging name, i cannot find it, please help !

Also, does anybody know how to enable subtitles in a video? What kind of subtitle file does WP8 Support ?
Also how do we find the file size of a specific file like a photo/video ?

dude, first, even your eyes cant see in pitch dark, how could a 920 can?
Second, you need to play with settings to take great night shots, Auto mode gives only satisfactory results, you can try switching the Scene mode to Night in order to take good dark shots, and that's really works, and I am working on a guide to help take best shots on my blog, keep watching.
third, any FB app on any os cant tag person except in pics, that's only available on desktop / tablets. If u check in / Comment to a specific guy, you cant tag your friends. hopefully, it will be changed soon. :)

yourfriend4life

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
OMG, serious help needed, I opened youtube on IE10 on my Lumia 920, i opened a video to stream, but the phone was stck on the Loading screen for 15 minutes, I press theback button & again opened to video link & still kept on waiting on the loading screen, then I pressed the camera button, camera opened, i tried to switch to Vide Mode but it was not getting switched & then suddenly my phone stopped responding & is not closed, SHUT DOWN....... & it is not starting (booting at all). MY battery was on 76% when this happened. Oh GOD why.. can anyone explain what do I do now ? I am trying to connect the USB to my PC but in my Windows 8 it says Lumia 920 is locked please try Unlocking, & the phone is still in Shut Down Mode.. Please help what do I do ?

10za4bb.png

Update : Solution Found, I had to Soft Reset (press Volume Down+Power Button for 5 sec). Seems like due to flash all memory of the Lumia 920 may used by IE. Seriously, F**k Google for not fixing & allowing access to youtube & its features & causing us soo much of pain & problems !

Last edited:

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

At first everything goes right...I put my cvv, password n my bank deducts 2rs for Microsoft n I get a sms from my bank stating 2rs is deducted...Then I have to click on buy again when I do that and enter password after a min or so I get this error....
2s7gimf.png

My debit card works fine when I purchase stuff from other sites... don't know whats the prob :(

yourfriend4life

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
danish bhai, kaha se ho aap ? From Mumbai ?
I have a yellow Lumia 920 as well :)
Bhai can you help me but stuffs from store ? I can pay you in cash, I dont have any Debit or Credit card !

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
danish bhai, kaha se ho aap ? From Mumbai ?
I have a yellow Lumia 920 as well :)
Bhai can you help me but stuffs from store ? I can pay you in cash, I dont have any Debit or Credit card !

Yaa Im from Mumbai. I dont have a yellow.....As you can see I'm having trouble purchasing stuff from the marketplace using my debit card...let me sort this out then I'll try to help you.

Padmasali

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
May be your card is expired as mention in pic... or you not enter the correct month and year of the card...

At first everything goes right...I put my cvv, password n my bank deducts 2rs for Microsoft n I get a sms from my bank stating 2rs is deducted...Then I have to click on buy again when I do that and enter password after a min or so I get this error.... http://i45.tinypic.com/2s7gimf.png

My debit card works fine when I purchase stuff from other sites... don't know whats the prob :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)