Indian 920 corner

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
How do I take Pictures like this guy did with his Lumia 920 ?
I tried every settings combination possible on the Phone, but the picture is still PITCH BLACK ONLY... Can anyone help ? Is my Lumia 920 defective & do I need to get it replaced ? Please help, dont tell me try any settings because I can swear to you, I've double checked & Tried each settings & each combination possible.. I want to take photos like this guy did :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtCgFW39BL8

the room was not that dark as it appears to be in video. It was only his video camera's fault that cant take good video in low light.
THE ROOM WAS FAIRLY LIGHT TO TAKE GOOD PICS ON 920 BUT NOT PITCH DARK.
And if u wanna test its camera, ask your bro to bring his i5 and take pics in low light on same settings on both....

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Ultimate camera setting to take pics in extreme low light (not pitch dark).
Scene- Night
ISO- 800
Exposure value- +2
Focus mode- Macro
Contrast- Min
Rest- auto.
The pic will come a bit less colorful . You can set contrast to normal if you want some colors.....

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Guys Guys........ people who say that their Debit cards work for Online Purchases in Marketplace, let me tell you this, your bank has created a Virtual Credit Card (VCC) account from your debit card, that means your Debit Cad will work as a Credit card. This is the reason why your Debit Card worked. Hasen't anyone read about this ? No one knows ? Currently only HDFC, Kotak and ICICI banks offer VCC.
Here is something to get started with...

What is a Virtual Credit Card(VCC) and How to Get it.

How to Get a Virtual Credit Card from SBI, ICICI, HDFC and Kotak Mahindra?

Virtual Credit Card is totally different from normal credit and debit card. It is a conceptual thing and not a physical. Anyone with ICICI, HDFC, Kotak can create Virtual credit card but it has nothing to do with debit card linked with that account or thing like that. As it doesn't exist physically, bank can not give it. Instead, user creates it virtually on bank website and once used successfully for one time, it expires. You can create another for subsequent uses and so on... but it is a different concept than you thought.

What I mean is anyone successfully using debit card on credit card gateway doesn't mean he is virtually using credit card, in fact its a debit card use with money deducting instantly. Those not supported cards might be older or their bank hasn't upgraded service with latest technologies from fund transferring providers like Visa, MasterCard etc.

yourfriend4life

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Does Anyone know how to make the Phone Sync Messaging/Email/WhatsApp, etc on every Hourly basis ?
What I mean to say is after activating Battery Saver, we have to manually open each to Sync, rather than that, to save Battery, is there any option to Sync on Hourly Basis so that Battery & Data Consumption is low ? I cannot find such option in my WP8, its there in my Windows 8 Pro in my PC, but where in the WP8 ?

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Does Anyone know how to make the Phone Sync Messaging/Email/WhatsApp, etc on every Hourly basis ?
What I mean to say is after activating Battery Saver, we have to manually open each to Sync, rather than that, to save Battery, is there any option to Sync on Hourly Basis so that Battery & Data Consumption is low ? I cannot find such option in my WP8, its there in my Windows 8 Pro in my PC, but where in the WP8 ?

go to settiings-> Email+Accounts, tap the account u wanna change settings of, there is option to change sync timing- As item reach/15min/30min/1hr. choose whatever u like.
Case Solved...

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
@iamsherlocked Can confirm that the first airtel sim used on a 920 will get the free 2GB 3G data pack for 3months....Using it now! Also is it possible to use other options like airtel money etc to purchase apps from the marketplace? My card doesn't work with itunes and google play....So the problem is my card or these stores don't accept debit card....

Last edited:

yourfriend4life

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
@iamsherlocked Can confirm that the first airtel sim used on a 920 will get the free 2GB 3G data pack for 3months....Using it now! Also is there a way to use other options like airtel money etc to purchase apps from the marketplace?

were you able to take Lowlight image like that guy in the youtube video ?
Also were you able to buy with your DB >? I'd like to contact you in person brah.. !

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
were you able to take Lowlight image like that guy in the youtube video ?
Also were you able to buy with your DB >? I'd like to contact you in person brah.. !

Like someone mentioned the room wasn't pitch dark in the video...had a light source which wasn't visible to us. I think we are overestimating the capability of the phone.. indeed it takes good low light images but there is a limit to what it can do. Yaar nahi chalta yeh sada hua bank ka debit card! The service of BOI is pathetic! They say take a screenshot of the error,mail it n we'll look into your problem...god know when these a****** will revert...

Any one who has purchased an app using debit card??? If yes please tell me the banks name..

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I shouldn't get my expectations too high! got the phone after a lot of pleading. btw these comments are not helping me. If you have a real solution please post it, if not just stfu n mind you business. :)

Read the whole post. Add-on CC being the operative phrase.

yourfriend4life

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
you guys are not sharing the jawdropping pics, the reason i made this thread. I guess people only come here if they have problems!

Bro, the problem is that we dont have enough time & technology to upload MBs of Size of each picture taken by our Lumia 920. We, atleast I have taken many pictures, but uploaded on facebook in Standard Quality as the Upload Speed in India is very limited (Limited to 512kbitsps - 45 kbps) in most of the ISPs like MTNL, BSNL, etc. So for uploading 1mb file, it takes 1 minute approx, & what you are asking is to upload tonnes of MBs which is actually not possible. The Pictures I've taken uptil now are of 350 mb in total & a video of 4 minutes having a size of 650 mb. So you tell me how am I supposed to upload, there is no way right !
The Size of each Photo is between 2mb-5mb !
ISP in India have adopted FUP (Fair Usage Policy) which is Sh*t, & the only reason why High Speed Internet & Tenchology is not developed in India. FUP is a Money hoking Policy which is nothing but we are given Unlimited Usage, but on a very high price & very slow speed, if you want High Speed, it will be limited to a certain amount of usage, after which you will be charged triple. This is what FUP Policy is in Short.
Here is my internet Speed Connection Details !

2475033822.png

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
TIP:- I know many of us have problem while sharing pics on net. They are too big and takes time to upload. Here is a possible solution.
If u have skydrive app, open the app and its settings. Under photo size, u will find upload size option. Change it to Resized if not already. Done.
This will convert a file of 2 mb to around 450kb and ease your sharing. And if u want to share high quality pic, you can always revert it back to original size.
NOTE- this setting will only work if u upload via the app but not if u upload to skydrive directly via auto upload. Will share more details about integrated skydrive later.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
WTF.. how were you able to perform a Speedtest on your Lumia 920, on every page where Flash is used, I get an Error Saying I dont have flash &need to Install bla bl abla.. & i amnot able to take the speedtest & all that Sh*t.. How were you able to ? Also what ISP you got & how much do you pay every month ? What Plan you have, explain !
dude , he used the app!

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
WTF.. how were you able to perform a Speedtest on your Lumia 920, on every page where Flash is used, I get an Error Saying I dont have flash &need to Install bla bl abla.. & i amnot able to take the speedtest & all that Sh*t.. How were you able to ?

Also what ISP you got & how much do you pay every month ? What Plan you have, explain !

First of all, I own a 820.
As pointed out earlier, I used an app called 'speedtest . net'.
ISP is Tata Indicom. I do not have further details, it is the conncection at my workplace.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05