Indian 920 corner

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Its a thread dedicated to all Indian who own a Nokia Lumia 920 or wish to own. Share your views, feelings, moments with the phone, amazing pics, problems, solutions and any news here.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 is launching in India on 10th of january 2013 in mumbai. the launch party is organised by Nokia India for media and bloggers which will start at 12:30pm. http://twitter.com/NokiaIndia will be tweeting throughout the event with live update, features, pics, official price and offer if any, do follow them. And not just Nokia India will be active on twitter, but also the bloggers attending the event will tweet live moments as they happen. Just follow the official #tag of event which will be revealed by Nokia India close to event time. I will post an update here too. Enjoy the party........ :)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Very disappointed with the 820 price. Plz don't hate me for talking about 820 in a 920 thread.
Was expecting around 23..damn 27!

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Now that S3 is available for 32K ... Nokia has to price it accordingly. In my office every one like the pics of the L920 but are so skeptical about it and tell me why do you want to shed 35K or more for a Nokia Lumia?? Instead go for a S3 or iPhone :(

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Very disappointed with the 820 price. Plz don't hate me for talking about 820 in a 920 thread. Was expecting around 23 I was expecting ...damn 27! Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.
no of course not. I made it to shift the thread from that 920 india confermation one.BTW, I was also disappoited with price tags. But if u look closely, nokia always priced their phone a bit more at first. it will come down soon, and don't bother about stock, 820 will last long.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Now that S3 is available for 32K ... Nokia has to price it accordingly. In my office every one like the pics of the L920 but are so skeptical about it and tell me why do you want to shed 35K or more for a Nokia Lumia?? Instead go for a S3 or iPhone :(

That exactly was my argument...see, what people in your office said was what a lay man thinks. Why did the say go for an iPhone or S3? Cause they KNOW these are good devices. People don't know WP so well...and pricing it this high will only drive people away ...am I wrong?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
no of course not. I made it to shift the thread from that 920 india confermation one.BTW, I was also disappoited with price tags. But if u look closely, nokia always priced their phone a bit more at first. it will come down soon, and don't bother about stock, 820 will last long.

Do they? The 900 was 31k till its last dying breath...and people who have bought are furious...no updates..no nothing...I hope it comes down to at least 22-23. I can't afford a very expensive phone..I will b happy to buy 8S...

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
oh comon, don't start me. That **** 3 nowhere stands infront of l920. and BTW when that was launched, its price was 41k or something. 920 has way too less. its premium and better. it worth every single penny of that 5k rupees.

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Agreed and that is why I would be buying the 920!

Also, flipkart prices are not necessarily confirmed prices. They may be the pre order price. If you remember, the mobile store has put the price as 39999!
Let's wait till the official announcement from Nokia. I just wish for it to be around 32k mark.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Agreed and that is why I would be buying the 920!

Also, flipkart prices are not necessarily confirmed prices. They may be the pre order price. If you remember, the mobile store has put the price as 39999!
Let's wait till the official announcement from Nokia. I just wish for it to be around 32k mark.

No way..32 is very less. It will be 35 at least..

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Agreed and that is why I would be buying the 920!Also, flipkart prices are not necessarily confirmed prices. They may be the pre order price. If you remember, the mobile store has put the price as 39999!Let's wait till the official announcement from Nokia. I just wish for it to be around 32k mark.
oh that the mobile store site clearly says its preorder price and not official price. they will repay the remain. and regarding surity, I hv faith on flipkart. they never upload wrong info, if its 37k it will be official price for sure, and will come down according to their offers.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Do they? The 900 was 31k till its last dying breath...and people who have bought are furious...no updates..no nothing...I hope it comes down to at least 22-23. I can't afford a very expensive phone..I will b happy to buy 8S...Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.
actually 900 never came to india. it was just formality that they bring a few pieces here and sold a very few of them like they were dumping here. My point was to see L800. priced for 29999, came down to 25k within week, and tjen to 22k and now 18k.

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting for the price to drop. 37k is too high for me. So I'll start saving and will buy when it's around 32-33k.
For now I just ordered a MMX A110 which I'll pass to my sis when her exams are over (after 2 months) :D

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a 920 in India since Dec 13 and it kicks ass in every way possible. Finally got around to comparing with an HTC 8x and iPhone 5. Definitely feels much more premium over the HTC and prefer over the long slim build of the iPhone 5.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
If 820's price falls..so will 8S. Now that would be interesting... I would grab the 8S at 15...

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is what i posted before,
"now here is a good news who cant buy 920, and dont wanna buy 820 and still wanna taste wp8 from nokia. You guess right. The Nokia Lumia 620. We know its coming in early Fab. But price is a matter of discussion. But we can do simple logic to find its price.
L620 is available in Malaysia for RM799 according to Nokia Malaysia FB page. And L920 was available there for RM1999, now we have price of L920 in India as 36999 so, comparison with price in Malaysia gives price of 620 in India. And thats expected to be rs 14999. And i am quite sure it will be this.
Enjoy"

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I still see no reason for such high prices specially when the market is so cost conscious and the brand name is shrinking and the OS is hardly known!

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
BTW, now i do not feel that its a wrong price. I was expecting it to be above 40k if it was launching in nov. But now, 37k is justified if they r giving wireless charger and 1yr nokia music subscription with it, as said by many.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)