Indian 920 corner

Sagar Khandelwal

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
what do u mean? PC suite mode?
Few things you should know. There is only single mode, ie PC suite mode, and its Pc suite is Zune. U need to download it and install it in your w7 pc (w8 has this integrated). Its a 300mb file. Cant download? Dont worry, nokia care guys will give it to u, just give them a blank cd.
Zune is PC client to manage your music, photos, videos, playlist, just like itunes. It also has online liberary to download music but that service is not there in India.
THERE IS NO MASS STORAGE MODE IN YOUR PHONE, you have to use zune to transfer and receive files with ur phone. Dont panic, its rather easy than mass storage . You will get used to in a bit time and will feel it easier.

and yes , i just transferred lot of songs from my laptop to the phone ... ! it directly gives option of Windows phone on lappy ... bt yes not giving option to sync automatically ....

Sagar Khandelwal

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
what, and where u cant post?

here ..
when i click on quick reply .. ...
the keyboard pops up for 1 sec and then it disappears ! :(

and i don't have windows 8 .. its windows 7 home basic ..

But lumia 920 comes with mass storage option i read it in GSM arena reviews i guess ..

when i connect my phone to laptop .. the option of Windows phone is there .. i can check pics,songs, vids of my phone on lappy and even tranferr it :)

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site

But lumia 920 comes with mass storage option i read it in GSM arena reviews i guess ..

when i connect my phone to laptop .. the option of Windows phone is there .. i can check pics,songs, vids of my phone on lappy and even tranferr it :)

thats cool

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
here ..

Zune doesn't support WP8 devices. For that, this is what you need to install
Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 2) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)

However, be warned that this is not as full featured as Zune. (for e.g it doesn't support podcasts properly).

@Sagar, I know you copied your music directly through explorer. Can you confirm it can be seen fine through the Music+videos app? (dont see why not though).

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
1 of the reason I'm buying a Windows Phone (Lumia 920) is that I'm Using Windows 8 Pro with WMC (Upgraded it from Windows 7 Ultimate) since August 22, 2012 (which also happens to be the date of RTM Release of it) & I'm totally used to Windows 8 now. Also I happen to be a Computer geek, so no worries or doubt of using a Windows Phone from my side, will get used to it in a day itself. The problem is that I'm PATIENCE-LESS & want to get it soo F**king badly :(

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
there are many HD GAMES dude like Nfs, (else i dont know coz i only play racing game on phone and hate such gaming on phones, they sucks. I play time pass games like wordament on phone, they are a lot better). BTW, you cant install cracked games in a windows phone unless ur phone is a developer phone! Dont ask how to get it. You hv to pay through credit card in order to purchase a game and play it. Sorry, not a single point of piracy in windows phone, thats why people hate wp. But what i think they are idiots. If they are ready to buy 50k value of iphones, cant they buy 50 rs of apps? Not having credit card is other thing!
I'm asking you this because there is already crack & workaround available for Apps/Games in Windows Marketplace for Windows 8 OS, dont have any info or Knowledge about Windows Phone as I've never had a smartphone before, nor have I used or seen a Windows Phone yet in real. That is why I'm asking you people !

Sagar Khandelwal

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Zune doesn't support WP8 devices. For that, this is what you need to install
Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 2) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)

However, be warned that this is not as full featured as Zune. (for e.g it doesn't support podcasts properly).

@Sagar, I know you copied your music directly through explorer. Can you confirm it can be seen fine through the Music+videos app? (dont see why not though).

yes ... i've heard lot of songs and watched vids too ! :D

it all works super fine ! :D

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
here ..

if u r posting reply here on wpcentral forum, and opened desktop site then u must be encountered with HTML 5 reply pad with lots of editing option, and it may be possible that the IE10 is not fully compatible with it. My ie9 do not even let me enter in the reply pad. Simple solution is to switch to basic editor by clicking on switch to basic editor. Hope i am right....

Sagar Khandelwal

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
if u r posting reply here on wpcentral forum, and opened desktop site then u must be encountered with HTML 5 reply pad with lots of editing option, and it may be possible that the IE10 is not fully compatible with it. My ie9 do not even let me enter in the reply pad. Simple solution is to switch to basic editor by clicking on switch to basic editor. Hope i am right....

will try that :)

Sagar Khandelwal

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Though i must say ... i've kept this phone on charging for ages now ... it showed to 36% battery left like .... 3 hours back .... till now its showing 49& left :-/
it was connected to my lappy earlier now i've connected it to the wall ..

in the hope that it'll charge faster :-/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077