Indian 920 corner

ihbaabhi

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi.. I was hoping to get a few details clarified before i go out and buy the phone...

I had read that WP 8, had a bug where the WiFi would get disconnected upon locking the device.
But then i heard that the Indian Lumias shipped with a FIX for the WiFi issue...

Has anyone had any problems with the WiFi getting disconnected??

Also can someone tell me what would happen in this particular scenario....
Lets say the lumia is connected only through WiFi (2G/3G data being disabled) and the device is locked .... and lets say, you get a message on whatsapp/fb messenger/ email.. will you get a notification as soon as the message arrives???

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Also can someone tell me what would happen in this particular scenario....
Lets say the lumia is connected only through WiFi (2G/3G data being disabled) and the device is locked .... and lets say, you get a message on whatsapp/fb messenger/ email.. will you get a notification as soon as the message arrives???

ofcourse, you will get notification. The phone uses one network connection at a time, either wifi or mobile. Wifi is 1st priority and if not working, then mobile network. And all app use that connection, which phone is using, not like a specific app will use Mobile network and other will use wifi. That problem was in symbian phones....

sumitdomyan

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I got my Black Lumia 920 from Nokia Priority Partner, Galleria Market, Gurgaon for 36,999 on 11th Jan. I'm absolutely loving this phone. Deep social integration is awesome. Chat with FB friends right from your messaging inbox. I was using iPhone earlier and would say its worth a switch. Completely different feeling while using it. WP8 is definitely not a copy of iOS like Android. Amazing display and camera. Feel good to be part of Lumia 920 family.

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I'm back from NPD, according to him My product will arrive on Wednesday FOR SURE 100% Guarantee. The problem is that Yellow/Red Lumia 920 have not been delivered to all NPD & are still waiting on Custom in warehouse which will be cleared tomorrow.
By the time I did all the purchase work, I also played with a BLACK LUMIA 920 DEMO for 3 hours..... & I can SATISFACTORILY SAY...... DAMN Nokia...... YOU JUST DESTROYED ANDROID & iOS. YOU MADE them your B**ch ! :D

Anyways, White & Black Pieces were available since 12th January to all NPD & still have them ready & available in stock, the only thing is Yellow & Red ones are LIMITED. Also I got inside information that The Wireless Charging Plates are estimated to arrive this week, if not then Next week for sure, & the cost is Rs. 3500/- Approx (3500 INR).

Also to add, while I played around with the Black Lumia 920, I conducted some games & Apps Test which Includes Speed & Smoothness test. It was Lumia 920 vs Samdung G4YLaxy Note 2, & you wont believe how much LAG & Hang that Android Piece of S**t caused !

The only problem I found in Lumia 920 is that IT WAS HEATED SOO BAD upto 40 Degree Celcius while using Nokia Map/Drive. It was almost not handable at that heat. I dont understand why soo much heat, that a bare hand cannot induce, is occuring in such an EPIC Device ?
Yes, Heating Problem DOES exist & it is pretty much The WORST point of this device, I was literally Shocked for handling the device at such HIGH HEAT, I could barely keep it in my hands !

Hope M$ Fixes this issue in next update, & yes Indian Variant of Lumia 920 already has Portigo Update pre-installed. I'm just glad to be a Soon-To-Be Owner of a Yellow Lumia 920.

Oh.. & forgot to add, NOKIA LUMIA 820 is already available in all NPD, whoever is wanting to buy Lumia 820, GO ALREADY, enough stock is already available in all NPD, atleast in the NPD I was in, there was a whole shelf of Lumia 820 only O_O !
On your Mark, get set...... GOOOOO :D

Last edited:

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
so did anyone else who has the Lumia 920 have the Intense Heating effect above the camera >?
I swear.... Its really really HAWT ! :))))))

Mine gets hot. It got to do with GPS. But even in Lumia 920 manual it says that phone will get hot when charging OR using GPS. Nothing to worry I think and I assume that within time they will improve this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)