Indian 920 corner

karbab2005

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the white lumia 920. I looks great. Yes yellow is also a very great color. But when it comes to red, its not just right. I found it a bit more bright than expected. The red color in poster seems nice but in hand it feels like red lipstick. I was sure of getting the red one but ended up getting white. Anyways thats my look of it. Now I had been playing with it for the past two days and here are my comments,

Pros,
Screen sensitivity is so great even the touch buttons are super responsive
Display is gorgeous. Blacks are reproduction is great
It took me less than 10 mins to configure my twitter, facebook, corporate mail, Yahoo, gmail and I had no trouble migrating from Galaxy s2 to 920. Believe me It just took 10 mins.
As its nokia you get the whole range of nokia apps such as weather drive, maps, music Which are great. Nokia music works great just type in the song name and almost 99% it has it and you can download in for free for another year. Just configure your nokia account.
This phone needs only IE. IE is more than enough to get through ever website with ease.
When it comes to camera, believe me picture in low light are really great. If you take a pic in pitch black it not gonna give you anything but provide you have a very little light the photo looks like its taken with a professional flash (actually flash is not used at all). No phone can do this and am sure of it. You need see to believe it.
The phone usage storage size is around 29GB out of which I can use 26 GB. I have downloaded like 200+ songs from Nokia Music it still uses just 500Mb of the storage.
Sunlight readablity is awesome just keep it in auto mode and you dnt have to worry about blocking the light with your hand to read under direct sunlight
Mix radio puts me to sleep in the night I dont know how it is able to come with such a song selection. It plays what I like.
The more we get addicted to nokia music the more we lose battery :(. I find battery usage is roughly 8-12 hours for heavy use. I mean constant downloads and screen usage. And if I keep the network open and use the phone moderately i got around 16 hours. With moderate network use we can get through a day easily
Watching a 2hour movie with 1080p resolution costed me 20% of charge.
Charging is quick 1.5 hours to get you from 5-80%
Cons,

Am not going to talk about apps we all know that.
Google users might find the search results from bing pathetic so the hour glass button in the phone is of no use for me now.
So regarding the heat problem yes while using nokia drive with network is causing the phone to heat up. Constant 720p 3D rendering and network components is causing the device to heat up and its understandable. But I used it for 30 mins and it was hot but not as the users describe here. It was hot but acceptable hope we get some tweeks.
Frequent screen rotation. When you are using your phone lying in bed you are going to face problems with keyboard orentation and thats gonna irritate you as it doen't have rotaction lock yet Some applications like wikipedia app offers it but its purely dependent on app.
So watching movies, Blacks are so black that dark scenes become a problem to catch it You can correct it by setting the brightness high but i would love to have a brightness control add in the player.
Music seeking controls are not available in Nokia Music player. You have to go to Xbox music to seek it.
Some time the volume control doesn't work. I'll have to restart the phone to make it work again. Well I didn't have time to dig into the reason.
Camera is a magic but in low/moderate light i get red coloration again I'll have to dig into that too.
Phone speaker is not the best and headphone clarity is good depending on you Dolby setting in nokia music.
No DLNA app by default till now by nokia says it will make playto app ready by Q1 2013 fro lumia 920 :(.

Final say is is really awesome. It suprises me in every was like pulling random pics from FB to mix radio. Inspite of all the problems i face am actually glad that i made the switch from boring android to eventful lumia. Also now i can start using my S2 as a development platform and play with it as android will always be developers heaven ;) and use my lumia for all the normal day to day use.

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Music is only free for 1 year. dafuq.. why ? Nokia says Unlimted Music but does not quote a timeline, dafuq man damn...... what after 1 year ? How much is the cost of whole another year ?

Abhishek M

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Could anyone please post the bands which are written on the Indian nokia lumia 920 box. Need to figure its compatibility with US netwrks.
would be highly appreciated!

Viveksagarwal

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So its been around 16 hours with my gorgeous lumia 920. And I have to say I am loving it. After reading million reviews, here a very short review of my 920 baby.

1st my dislikes.
- Mutlitasking is BS. I dont think you can call what L920 does multi tasking. MS has to seriously needs to get their act together and give us the 'real' mutiltasking thing. Its a ****ing smart phone. It HAS to do mutitasking
- The music player app is ****ty.
- I also did not like the facebook app. It kinda complicated. Cant we have it like exactly the way its on iOS?
- The email has is also not perfect for me. And this is one of the important things for me as, i send tons of emails for my biz.

Other than that I just think this phone is awesome.
- I loved, loved the radio mix app.Its so awesome. Just put on that thing n you can listen to the music for hours. Brilliant.
-Nokia music. Unlimited music. I downloaded around 15 hrs of music in matter of 30 mins or so.
- Display is fantastic. Everyone in my family loves the depth in the display.
- Live tiles, Locked screen, Nokia drive, all are the things which are really really useful.
- The phone display can be read on sunlight. Which my iphone never did. Nokia, well done!

I still havnt tried the camera, esp in low light, or the video. but I know that will be awesome, read so much about it.

Verdict
SO, did I liked the Lumia 920?
Yes. Definitely.
Will I give it up for any other phone out there?
NO way!
Will I suggest people to buy it?
**** YES!

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Got to know about mishappening caused due to lack of understanding and misinterpretation.
This is really bad.
BTW, i want to know what all problems are you facing in Multitasking, Music Player and Email. I guess i know the solution, if i am correct about your problems.

nishant786

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Got to know about mishappening caused due to lack of understanding and misinterpretation.
This is really bad.
BTW, i want to know what all problems are you facing in Multitasking, Music Player and Email. I guess i know the solution, if i am correct about your problems.

Hey sherlocked. The problems are fundamental actually and its with how windows phone is structured or envisioned.

MMultitasking - like the behavior of the back button which only allows going back and makes accidently quitting apps easy and and allows only about 8 apps. Its fine the way it is especially because of battery and ram but still a little jarring if you've come from any other os.
Music- lack of FF and REV ( remnant of the zune days) are real pains. Also syncing is pretty bad but im sure they'll improve that.

Email - this is both the fault of gmail and Microsoft. Its political and mostly wont improve for now.

Apart from this and the lack of a notification centre which Microsoft is commited to bringing, I really feel the Os is perfect. And i have finally made the windows phone my primary.

Anyways you have any solutions?

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
multitask lacks the ability to close the app in the multi task window itself
like the android and ios does
Music- what he said
Email- i am not sure of this, i disabled atm, coz i am facing some serious battery issues
i just did a soft reset and am testing how good the battery is gonna hold

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Alright , i wanna address some issues regarding Music Player first, as we all know half knowledge is harmful.
First and formost TIP, please please please , try to use Help+How to app, and My Nokia app or read user manual before commenting negative. It is normal tendency to skip reading User manual, and Readme files whenever we encounter them, but they are always a lot helpful.
Now coming to the point ,
I wanna tell u guys that our best phone do not lack such basic features, it does have FF and Rev and even better than any other player i hv ever seen. Its just u dindnt found it. Did u tried longpressing next and prev buttons? ;) ooooooo tricky right?
Not only u can FF and Rev by long tapping Next and Prev. Buttons in Xbox Music and Nokia Music, u can do this on any screen, just press Voume rocker, and buttons will popup, and on lock screen too! Nice na. But anyways, i agree that a seek button should be there.
Now some other info u must be listning from wp haters around.
1. U cant deleate any song! - this statement is partially true and partially wrong. I know we all use Nokia Music more than default music player, and if u try deleting in that app, u will be disappointed. But this doesent mean u cant delete any song from library. Go to xbox player/music+videos, chose what u wanna delete(song,album,playlist,artist, anything), longpress it, and wola, there u r. Remember guys, if u do not find something, longpress may be the trick.
2 u cant make playlist in phone itself, - will address it in next post.
Thank, like if u find it helpful , :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad