Indian 920 corner

Dhanapal R

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Let me introduce myself. I am the Business Manager for Nokia Priority at St Marks Road Opp Bowring Institute. This outlet was opened a month back.

Great news for 920 lovers. Today i received Yellow and Red color Lumia 920. and Blue Color 820.
I also have 920 in white and black color and 820 in yellow, black, white.
We will offer best price on Nokia accessories along with any nokia handset.

Dhanapal: 7676435016.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Let me introduce myself. I am the Business Manager for Nokia Priority at St Marks Road Opp Bowring Institute. This outlet was opened a month back.

Great news for 920 lovers. Today i received Yellow and Red color Lumia 920. and Blue Color 820.
I also have 920 in white and black color and 820 in yellow, black, white.
We will offer best price on Nokia accessories along with any nokia handset.

Dhanapal: 7676435016.

thanx for ur contribution here, few questions i wanna ask.
1. In Which city st marks road is?
2. As u r manager, i guess u know when is l620 coming to market. Dont u wanna share with us?

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
L620 coming by 17th or 18th is a good news! Nokia shouldn't delay anymore. This is a phone price sensitive market like India demand and 620 is a best VFM product in its category (15-18K).

vikram0430y

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes...even I have sme issues with enabling 3g...
I am using Vodafone 3g in Hyderabad.
If i switch on 3g, smetimes H symbol cms but net will nt work...it requirs to reselect the netwrk n then switch on 3g.

Can anyone tell me if its the normal process r sme issues with my phone/network...

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
has any one faced any issues with the ever growing "Other" storage folder in L920. Im thinking to buy it after 10 days. Is der any L920 user from Hyderabad

noopster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello people..i am from Pune. Got my NL920 in Red last week. This is my first experience with WP8. I come frm 3 years on iOS and 2 years on Android. My experience so far -
Good -
- The phone is so beautiful. I keep taking it out of my pocket to just look at it. A definite eye-catcher
- Beautiful fluid OS. A bit limited in functionality, but very sure and very good at what it does. A bit different from the laggy Android OS on the Note
- Some apps like the Metrotube or Linkedin are just gorgeous
- Nokia music (have already forgotten all about itunes)
- Haven't really tested the camera yet.
- Too soon to comment on Battery life

The Quirks
- Facebook app issue of taking you to the top
- In apps like facebook and some others, due to the large header font (WP style) you have very little screen which shows actual content. Coming from a Note this is a bit of a bother

Overall it has been 5 days of great fun. I have found replavement apps for almost all apps that used regularly on Android. Looking forward for my experience to Keep getting better and better as the platform grows.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello people..i am from Pune. Got my NL920 in Red last week. This is my first experience with WP8. I come frm 3 years on iOS and 2 years on Android. My experience so far -
Good -
- The phone is so beautiful. I keep taking it out of my pocket to just look at it. A definite eye-catcher
- Beautiful fluid OS. A bit limited in functionality, but very sure and very good at what it does. A bit different from the laggy Android OS on the Note
- Some apps like the Metrotube or Linkedin are just gorgeous
- Nokia music (have already forgotten all about itunes)
- Haven't really tested the camera yet.
- Too soon to comment on Battery life

The Quirks
- Facebook app issue of taking you to the top
- In apps like facebook and some others, due to the large header font (WP style) you have very little screen which shows actual content. Coming from a Note this is a bit of a bother

Overall it has been 5 days of great fun. I have found replavement apps for almost all apps that used regularly on Android. Looking forward for my experience to Keep getting better and better as the platform grows.

It's been 5 days and you haven't tested the camera yet?! That's the best feature of the phone!

Welcome to the buttery world of WP, btw :)

noopster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
It's been 5 days and you haven't tested the camera yet?! That's the best feature of the phone!

Welcome to the buttery world of WP, btw :)

I know. But its like a given that the camera is awesome. So will try it out slowly with more time on hand. Do not expect any negatives on the camera front. And thanks for welcoming me to the WP world. It sure is a whole different world. Btw what are the best news reader apps (equivalent to pulse and flipboard)?

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I know. But its like a given that the camera is awesome. So will try it out slowly with more time on hand. Do not expect any negatives on the camera front. And thanks for welcoming me to the WP world. It sure is a whole different world. Btw what are the best news reader apps (equivalent to pulse and flipboard)?

If you use Google Reader, then you will find NewsSpot and Nextgen Reader to be the best.

Try Weave and Fuse as well.

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
One week in, this is my experience with the 920.

Amazing night shots, even day shots came out good, dunno whats all the fuss about,

games scenario is pretty good, coming from s40 I can totally manage. I wish there were some running apps like temple run so my friends would just shut up for once.

Quality apps seem to be scarce around the store, but thats just my opinion,

Super sensitive touch is super !

Now only issues i've been facing is the heating up during charging and some random heating during idle.

And the main reason thats completely ruining my Lumia experience is the horrendous battery, I loose 20 % every hour with all major apps uninstalled and battery saver on if I browse some apps, lose 10 % per hour in idle, will wait for one more week before hard resetting it, if the problem still persists then will have it replaced.

Really sucks,to have a defective piece. :|

yourfriend4life

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
One week in, this is my experience with the 920.

Amazing night shots, even day shots came out good, dunno whats all the fuss about,

games scenario is pretty good, coming from s40 I can totally manage. I wish there were some running apps like temple run so my friends would just shut up for once.

Quality apps seem to be scarce around the store, but thats just my opinion,

Super sensitive touch is super !

Now only issues i've been facing is the heating up during charging and some random heating during idle.

And the main reason thats completely ruining my Lumia experience is the horrendous battery, I loose 20 % every hour with all major apps uninstalled and battery saver on if I browse some apps, lose 10 % per hour in idle, will wait for one more week before hard resetting it, if the problem still persists then will have it replaced.

Really sucks,to have a defective piece. :|

You are not with a defective piece...... All you have to do is Charge your Lumia 920 for 1 whole night, keep it charging full night. (No you dont have to worry about overcharging, the Phone shuts off charging after its up @100%, its a smartphone with Li-ion Battery so no worry there).
Then Completely drain out its battery once....... extensively use it (Play High Res Xbox Games, Stream Videos/Music), Run Apps, etc, Drain out the battery Completely once till your phone gets switched off automatically.
Then Charge your Phone to 100% without any interruption (Interruption means any sort of break time while charging). It will probably take you 3-4 Hours to get it charged to 100%.

I can bet your battery life will increase atleast 40% more than it is now........ I did this & now my Lumia 920's battery is very much better than it was at the time of purchase...
Also it is said that the battery Life of Lumia 920 keeps of getting better everyday, as the battery takes time to suit according to each person's usage.

Do this, wait for 1 more week & then report back....... Also, Close unnecessary Apps which are not in use, Use Bluetooth/NFC (Tap&Send) & WiFi only when necessary. Also KEEP THE BATTERY SAVER "ON" Always !

DON'T USE SKYPE...... thats a major Battery HOG as it is not yet optimized & fully developed for WP8. Also avoid using any facebook app & WhatsApp, they too drain battery as these apps are not yet fully optimized for WP8 usage & I recommend you to use People's Hub, Me Hub or IE 10 to get on with your social networking thing until these apps get updated or Fixed & properly Optimized for WP8..

My Yellow Lumia 920 works for 2 days straight without charge. My usage per day : 1 Hour Music + Video Playback, 1 Hour Calls, 1 Hour Web-Browsing & 30 Minutes Xbox Gaming
This is what an Average person does with his Smartphone.
Try the above method & Report back after a week.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Lumia price reductions a possibility?? Nokia to lower Lumia prices in India: Senior VP - The Times of India ... don't know if he is talking about all models or just the lower tier ones though....nor does he mention when that may be coming.... just FYI....

I think all he says is that for IMEA nations, you will get more phones at different price points. The reports doesnt understand that all. Times of india is worst..Anyway, price cuts will come when the new phones are released, i think.

Chief Executive Stephen Elop recently said Lumia phones are selling more in wealthier markets. How does Nokia plans to boost its sales in the IMEA region which comprises many countries with modest per capita income levels in the $1,200-1,400 (Rs6,600 to Rs7,700) range?

You will see more traction as we plan to expand [COLOR=#0000ff !important]the Lumia range[/COLOR] and make it more affordable. Most markets in [COLOR=#0000ff !important]the IMEA region[/COLOR], except South Africa, have embraced the open-distribution model where handsets are subsidised by service providers. Worldwide, there are two different business models — one, where the handset is subsidised by the operator, and the other, where a consumers buys the phone independently. Since it is the latter model in most IMEA markets, Nokia aims to have a range of value points for it to attract various types of customers.

Can you give some indication of the quantum of potential price cuts of Lumia devices in the coming months, in some IMEA markets?

I can't share specifics. But in just over a year, we've rolled out eight [COLOR=#0000ff !important]Lumia devices[/COLOR] across a wide range of price-points, from roughlyRs10,000 to Rs38,000. We continue to work closely with Microsoft to take the Lumia range to newer markets and price points. But in the immediate term will Nokia's IMEA revenues be primarily driven by the more [COLOR=#0000ff !important]popular Asha line[/COLOR] of low-cost smart devices?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Can any one confirm if Local Scout doesn't work in India?
A friend of mine is planning to buy 8X. But if these(very basic) features don't work, she may change her mind.

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)