Downloading (Update Maps)

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Settings/Applications/Maps/Check for Updates/Available/Download/Starts downloading.
While it does I go to some other settings. Trying to check on ongoing download triggers /Check for Updates/Available/Download/Starts downloading and progress bar goes very fast to 10% and then it just downloads at the normal speed.
What do I do wrong? Should I stay on download screen till it is done?

Thanks

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Settings/Applications/Maps/Check for Updates/Available/Download/Starts downloading.
While it does I go to some other settings. Trying to check on ongoing download triggers /Check for Updates/Available/Download/Starts downloading and progress bar goes very fast to 10% and then it just downloads at the normal speed.
What do I do wrong? Should I stay on download screen till it is done?

Thanks

sounds like it's verifying cache, then continuing...

which sounds like suspension instead of backgrounding of the app

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about cache. I let it download up to 40+ percent. Then when I got back to the process as I described, it did not continue from the same percent.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about cache. I let it download up to 40+ percent. Then when I got back to the process as I described, it did not continue from the same percent.

ya, verifying cache it sounds like.

my offline mapping apps verify tiles before continuing. keeps from having missing tiles or corrupted tiles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss