strange notification sound

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please tell me what and why do I get this strange notification sound whenever I place my phone flat on a surface??? It stops immediately on picking up phone, and immediately starts again when i lay it down. It can happen dozens of times at one go (if i pick and lie it down repeatedly)

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you have top to send switched off. I had the same problem when this was left on, every time I placed the phone on my wallet it makes a sound like the echo they use on a submarine.
Have not had the same problem since I switched it off.

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
right....i am not sure, it happens randomly, sometimes it happens non-stop, sometimes not at all. I will try to disable tap and send the next time and see if it immediately stops

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you have top to send switched off. I had the same problem when this was left on, every time I placed the phone on my wallet it makes a sound like the echo they use on a submarine.
Have not had the same problem since I switched it off.

do you, by chance have a NFC enabled card in your wallet? you may not even know it. Any of your credit or debit cards have tap to pay? If so, they could be activating the NFC sensor in your phone when you place it on your wallet. I have my wireless charger hidden and if I mis-align the phone, it will chirp continuously until I straighten it out. I think it is because it is close enough to trigger the NFC sensor, but not close enough to start charging.

lucho1970

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok. So it seems that whenever I place my phone against a card with NFC enabled, I get this strange sound. It's been happening for months and I could never figure out why!
At least now I know. I don't really care, I just couldn't figure it out.

Thanks!

shervin salimi

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Ok. So it seems that whenever I place my phone against a card with NFC enabled, I get this strange sound. It's been happening for months and I could never figure out why!
At least now I know. I don't really care, I just couldn't figure it out.

Thanks!

Thanks guys. I had similar random strange noise and the only way I could turn off was to put ring & notification to silent mode.

With your hints, I found that the source of the noise was my credit card that I have recently inserted in my new phone case with slots for cards.

I turned off NFC in the setting and got rid of the noise.

Dani-L

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for this solution! My girlfriend has been going completely crazy over this weird noise for the past few months...No more!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2