Super Awesome Battery Life

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've read a few posts here and there of people with really good battery life but mine was never that good. I also just got a wireless charger and found my battery has been worse since so I read some other posts and one suggested a soft reset - hold volume down and power key and wait for it to vibrate 3 times. And so I did that and my battery is ridiculously good!!! Before you go ahead and do this though read my warning below. Also I haven't received the Portico update yet here in Australia.

But to give you an idea of how good it is, I charged it on the wireless charger over night and at 7:30am I took it off the charger and hardly used it just checked some emails and quick read of WPCentral. I get on the train at 9am and notice the battery is still at 100%!! I thought this was an error because I've never seen this 100% before but anyway it has now started to drain so I don't think it was an error. I used it for half hour on the train ride surfing the net and what ever else. By 10am on usual days my battery is usually around 60-65%. This morning at 10 is was at 80%. At about 10am as well I upgraded my phone plan to 4G (LTE) and had to do a normal reset and usually I lose 5% each time I do a reset and this time it stayed at 80%. I've been using it a fair bit with 4G enabled and now at 11:30am it's at 70%. This is all with not even 1 days testing so I'm not sure if it will stay like this but I can definitely see a huge improvement so far after the soft reset so thought I'd put this out there for others to give a go.

I do have a warning though. My mate who has an international Lumia 920 had flashed the Belgium Portico ROM and he did a soft reset and he can't see any new messages. He receives a notification of the message and when he clicks on it it opens the Message hub but the message is not there. I thought it was very odd that this would happen after a soft reset but he'll be flashing a different ROM soon so hopefully he gets that sorted out, but a soft reset could do something funky to your phone if you've flashed ROMS yourself so I'm just giving a heads up here as well.

jedwardmiller

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, ever since I disabled google sync (manual or automatic) I have noticed a huge improvement.

12 hours since last charge and not even 50% gone.
Sent from my Cyan Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok confirmation my battery is now killing it. I did this test once before. Charge phone before going to bed. Leave it off charge for the night and in morning it was down to like 60%. I did it last night and this morning it was at 99%.

Rewovener

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have just tried my first soft reset. So far (ie previously), battery life has been ok but hardly outstanding (about 24 hours with minimal usage and even location off, NFC off).

Going to turn some of the stuff back on and see how it goes.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Sure, it's just that push email is the main reason why I have a smartphone.

Heh, yeah. Never really understand of disabling stuff on their smartphones to save battery. Kind of defeats the purpose. Naturally there are things like NFC and Bluetooth that you don't need on 24/7 and are fast to turn off when you need them.

That said the battery life for me has been fine. Always lasts one day that is what i need and with more moderate use i can just about make it last 2 days. The kind of battery life i expect from modern smartphone.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Im regularly getting 3 days out of a single charge with medium usage. Very impressed.

Just a pity where's my water\perry can kill such a good battery in 1.5 hours.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
holding the volume down and holding the power button until you feel it vibrate and reset 3 times is called a soft reset which is apparently like taking the battery out and putting it back in again, which we can't do on our Lumia 920's.

killzone killzo

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I've read a few posts here and there of people with really good battery life but mine was never that good. I also just got a wireless charger and found my battery has been worse since so I read some other posts and one suggested a soft reset - hold volume down and power key and wait for it to vibrate 3 times. And so I did that and my battery is ridiculously good!!! Before you go ahead and do this though read my warning below. Also I haven't received the Portico update yet here in Australia.

But to give you an idea of how good it is, I charged it on the wireless charger over night and at 7:30am I took it off the charger and hardly used it just checked some emails and quick read of WPCentral. I get on the train at 9am and notice the battery is still at 100%!! I thought this was an error because I've never seen this 100% before but anyway it has now started to drain so I don't think it was an error. I used it for half hour on the train ride surfing the net and what ever else. By 10am on usual days my battery is usually around 60-65%. This morning at 10 is was at 80%. At about 10am as well I upgraded my phone plan to 4G (LTE) and had to do a normal reset and usually I lose 5% each time I do a reset and this time it stayed at 80%. I've been using it a fair bit with 4G enabled and now at 11:30am it's at 70%. This is all with not even 1 days testing so I'm not sure if it will stay like this but I can definitely see a huge improvement so far after the soft reset so thought I'd put this out there for others to give a go.

I do have a warning though. My mate who has an international Lumia 920 had flashed the Belgium Portico ROM and he did a soft reset and he can't see any new messages. He receives a notification of the message and when he clicks on it it opens the Message hub but the message is not there. I thought it was very odd that this would happen after a soft reset but he'll be flashing a different ROM soon so hopefully he gets that sorted out, but a soft reset could do something funky to your phone if you've flashed ROMS yourself so I'm just giving a heads up here as well.

Play a game of Wordament or Texas holdem poker or fire up the navigation for like 15-20 minutes. Tell me how much your battery drops then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett