04-19-2013 07:17 AM
34 12
tools
    For me WIFI is a problem... it drains battery quickly, on Stand-by time battery lose 10%-15% per hour... even wifi is not available and wifi icon is on it drain battery quickly upto 10%+... in last 2 day i turn off wifi and switch on if only needed... this method give more battery usage than before...
    uncheck everything in the wifi advanced options
    01-27-2013 09:30 AM
    My battery was excellent before portico update. Now it sucks! I lost up to 18% of battery just within an hour with wifi off & data turned off (i use my lumia as secondary device) - this is so weird!
    01-29-2013 03:03 AM
    Update: i uninstalled Nokia Drive+, and my battery life's back to rejoyce! Been an hour listening to music via wired earphone and browsing for about 20mins and it only ate 2% of my sexy black lumia! :D
    Sklib likes this.
    01-29-2013 07:58 AM
    Mine has had some awful battery issues for about the past month, but they've really picked up this week.

I got the phone back in November and had no major battery issues with it, but I noticed every once in a blue moon the phone would lose its charge overnight and I'd wake up with a dead phone. Missed a few classes because of this so I wasn't too happy. I left my charging plate on my desk and would typically just leave my phone on it when I was doing homework or whatever, then put the phone on my nightstand while I was sleeping (where it would NOT be charging).

However, the past FIVE days in a row I've woken up with a dead phone. I've tried disabling apps and all that jazz, but it's weird that this seems to be such a recent phenomenon that I never had issues with. I'm going to wait it out another week but if I continue to have a phone that can't last seven hours when the screen isn't even on, Nokia's gonna get an earful.
    01-29-2013 09:20 AM
    I have had my Lumia 920 since Nov 2012. The battery was great, had tons of power left at the end of the day. Now my battery is drained before 7PM and nothing has changed use wise. The only thing that changed is instead of dragging and dropping music, I downloaded all music I had in the iTunes store. I also updated several apps. One of these things is completely draining my battery. I know one of the apps that was updated was Nokia Drive beta. Which is a horrible app, it gives the wrong turns. I have deleted that app along with many other apps trying to figure out what is draining my battery all of a sudden. I have no background tasks on. I have now gotten rid of all the music that was downloaded from iTunes. I used iTunes, because that drag and drop method is horrible. No album art, and it just sucks IMO. They need Zune back. Zune was great with my Samsung WP7 (Focus). I cannot believe that Microsoft got rid of it.

Later.......

All of my music from iTunes was draining my battery!!! Why? Is it because I had maxed out my memory or is it because that music is in .m4a format instead of mp3? After I got rid of all my music from iTunes, my phone went back to normal battery use. When I had dragged and dropped music from my PC that was in mp3 format to my Lumia 920 I had no issues. Has anyone else found this problem?
    Last edited by clickclacker; 04-18-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    04-06-2013 08:32 PM
    Battery drain problem by nokia Drivers is confirmed. I did manage it somehow blocking background nokia drive task. Same problem gave me Skype, I was forced to uninstall it completely. Right Now with moderate usage ( all time 3G on, viber active in the background, 1,5 hour of www, 0,5 hour comunicator, gmail and Facebook synchronization ) I get 10 hours of Battery live which is comparable to my android dvices ( optimus 4x hd, xperia Arc s) and normal.
    04-07-2013 02:57 AM
    All of my music from iTunes was draining my battery!!! Why? Is it because I had maxed out my memory or is it because that music is in .m4a format instead of mp3? After I got rid of all my music from iTunes, my phone went back to normal battery use. When I had dragged and dropped music from my PC that was in mp3 format to my Lumia 920 I had no issues. Has anyone else found this problem?
    04-18-2013 08:49 PM
    The last Skype update started killing my battery. My battery was **** before the update, but after the phone was getting really hot while browsing the net and I actually lost about 40% charge from a 20~30min phone conversation (non-Skype)! Uninstalled Skype, and now battery is back to its ho-hum ****ty mediocre self.

LOL, 1.5 years is so far away :(
    04-19-2013 05:58 AM
    04-19-2013 07:17 AM
34 12