GMail IMAP sending messages twice

x509

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I have configured 2 gmail accounts on my Lumia 920. My primary mail account (which is actually my contacts source as well) doesn't have this issue. However, my secondary gmail account which i added directly into the mail app has 2 weird issues

- whenever i delete a message, the message is labeled as "deleted" on my Gmail. Probably its because of some IMAP settings. Not a big issue
- Whenever i send a message from my secondary gmail account, I see that on my Gmail account (not on phone) that message is sent twice. This is something which is annoying me.

Any help ?

l33tish

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the double sending but you can tell Gmail what to do when you do a delete via imap in gmails settings on the site not on the phone.
I would also consider using Exchange rather then imap before google gives up support at the end of the month, its faster and more light.

countcount

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
- Whenever i send a message from my secondary gmail account, I see that on my Gmail account (not on phone) that message is sent twice. This is something which is annoying me.

Any help ?
this is happening to me too. I am using only one gmail account.

x509

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the double sending but you can tell Gmail what to do when you do a delete via imap in gmails settings on the site not on the phone.
I would also consider using Exchange rather then imap before google gives up support at the end of the month, its faster and more light.
I know thats why i said that labeling isn't a big issue. I actually didn't even bother about it though i had concern since EMail setup should have asked what to do on delete rather deciding by itself.

To be honest, I am hating Lumia 920 day by day. I have been an android user for last 3 years and decided to move to Lumia 920 because of its amazing hardware. But the dev community sucks and there is no Google apps support. My google drive, picasa, maps history, everything is gone.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not that I know, but if enough people hit the 'me too' button on that report (or on a similar one that has more 'me toos'), they might investigate. In the meantime I have moved to outlook.com, I guess that's one way to resolve it.

atnowhere

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here.
BTW, where is the me too button? I saw such buttons on answers.microsoft.com, but not here.
Actually I wonder who developed the app, Google, Nokia or Microsoft? Maybe we should complain to the developer.

peter100

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. Mail was not really sent twice, but popped up in my sent items folder twice.
I added Calendar to the sync settings (I don't use Google calendar). Then it started to reconfigure Google mail. Problem solved!
Strange Microsoft doesn't provide this solution; found this issue in forums of 2009 already!

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Having same problems but problem is not lumia phone but gmail and I do not know how to solve it. If I send mail from phone it shows twice on my gmail account on PC, mail is not actually sent twice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel