Photo flash not in sync

luter_1

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to take a photo of a power brick close up to get all the relative info off of it. Of course, not great light so I wanted to use the flash at an angle, but every time (9-10, persistence is insanity) the flash would not sync up to when the picture was taken. It was probably about 6-10" away. Its not the first time its happened but the most frustrating to have to find "studio" lights (LED keychain) to light it up.

I have the Portico update and was just wondering if this is a common thing or a one-off problem with it being closer on.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure Flash is on?

Sounds like a dumb question but the 920 uses what's called a Focus Assist Light. The FAL is on by default and kicks in during low light situations. First the light comes on and then the picture is taken. Perhaps that is what you're seeing.

luter_1

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yep tried it with both auto and on and off, through the native settings and camera pro, it's just something about taking close pictures that seems to throw it off. Though I haven't tried taking the FAL off and trying. Also this was also all done in close-up/macro mode.

luter_1

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So I threw this together to illustrate what I was talking about. At least to me it doesn't look like the flash fired properly.

Attachments

• example_pic.jpg
    example_pic.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 7

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
but every time (9-10, persistence is insanity) the flash would not sync up to when the picture was taken.

The iphone 5 has the exact same problem ... I have to take 4-5 shots so I can get one in sync, and the worst part is that when it doesn't sync the whole frame is out of focus.

J V S

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Photo flash not in sync in with camera on Lumia 820 and 920

Hi luter,
i got the exact same problem on my Lumia 820 lately. As well I tried to take picture of a datasheet in dark room and the flash is just tiny bit to fast for the camera shutter to follow up.
I wonder if this because of some updates or hardware failure.
Unfortunately this is the only search results I found for that problem so far...very annoying.
J.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel