Anybody experiencing this problem?

A54D

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a Lumia 920 and had problems with it. I gave it to Nokia for repair and they have now sent a new one. Everything looked fine up until I tried making a call. The call went through but I can't hear anything at all. Not even the dialler! When I put the phone on speaker then I can hear everything but from the handset nothing! Has anybody else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? Don't want to send the phone back in after just receiving it. I need it for my work :/

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like its behaving as if the headset is plugged in, try inserting and removing the headset jack plug a few times, it might be the contacts inside the phone headset socket stuck open and not making contact......nothing to lose by trying this.

A54D

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, tried it but unfortunately it didn't work. The sound started coming from the headset as expected but when removed, nothing. The phones brand new, just come today! Any other suggestions or fixes I could try?

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Call Nokia... they may send you a replacement while you're shipping the one with the speaker problem back.
Or better yet, send you a replacement with a return label for the other.
Almost sounds as if the earpiece got disconnected. Why did you send it to Nokia to begin with? Maybe a tech goofed when re-assembling the phone?

winkid

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
i am having somtehing similar. on my 920 if i listen to music through the headsets and i recieve a call the phone rings but when i pick no sound comes out or turns on the speaker option. then when i attempt to return the call i cant hear the dialer or anything else for that matter. i always have to restart my phone.

anyone else!

A54D

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Call Nokia... they may send you a replacement while you're shipping the one with the speaker problem back.
Or better yet, send you a replacement with a return label for the other.
Almost sounds as if the earpiece got disconnected. Why did you send it to Nokia to begin with? Maybe a tech goofed when re-assembling the phone?

The first Lumia 920 I sent off was regarding extensive overheating. I mean not the standard warm, it actually burn my nephew and started to smell until turned off and left to cool, also with that the battery life would drain. After sending it off I received an email saying it was beyond repair and got sent a brand new (faulty) phone, wrapped and everything. Looks like I'll be sending this one off too. Guess I just had some bad luck lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb