Worst Warranty Experience!!!

bad_one

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I also mailed Mr. Elop, and Nokia (EU) helped me really fast, I am impressed that I got a reply from him (or whoever) within 4 hours. It really made my day! The replacement phone was send out within 1 day to me.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Waiting 2 weeks for a replacement of a broken phone is insane. They refurbish these things. If under warranty they should charge a core fee and send a replacement immediately, shipping paid by customer, return by Nokia or carrier, and core charge credited upon receipt of said busted phone.

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Just an update!!!

I've Emailed MR. Elop, Got a reply that he will look into the situation, Got a Nokia Support Reference number in another email

Hopefully he can get them to swop out the phone

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So i went around in a Circle :(

"Regarding your concerns of the Lumia 920, kindly send your device to the nearest care center from you and send us back and we will check and escalate the case to the higher level and contact you.

And here is the reference number of your inquiry on our data base as if you e-mail us again or call for the same concern or you just provide us with this number to check and follow up your inquiry on our system effeciently."

The Problem with this is i dont' have the phone with me so i can't take it to nokia Care.... It's with the Service Provider grrrr./....

Contacted Nokia Via the Live Chat on there site. gave all the references i have again

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So i got My PA to Call MTN South Africa Regarding the Status of the Phone

They Call back saying the phone has been at the Store for the Last Week already

HOw many times didn't i call them and they keep telling me that they don't have an answer regarding the phone... the worst customer service ever... (not nokia since they've been trying to help me but MTN South Africa)

You guys can go F@## yourselves BTW

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So i got the Phone Back Last Night

And the Screen in Full of scratches, (no there were no scratches when i sent the phone in for repairs)

No happy about it at all

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you can't be without a smartphone for a few days and you're out of the 14 days swap with AT&T, here's what you do, an AT&T rep helped me with this, I basically purchased another phone, they took $99 from my credit card and I got a new device, they didn't have red so I settled for what they had while I waited for my warranty exchange, then when my beautiful red Lumia arrived I simply returned the phone and got a full refund... voila, zero days without a L920 :D

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Nokia Canada told me 7 days is the average repair time. Not include shipping transit time I would guess.

My suggestion is to try to get in contact with escalated tech support. I've been talking with them and they are SO helpful. Nokia Canada basic support told me to go to Rogers and send it in for repair. These people are actually talking to me about the issue, comparing it to other issues they have heard of, and are now offering a complete replacement. They said they will send me a phone directly so I don't have to go through Rogers. I've been emailing a general mailbox of nokia.resolution@nokia.com. I would strongly suggest reaching out to them politely for help.

My issue that they are helping me with is a creaking/clicking on both mine and my wife's phones. Near the power button on mine and down towards the bottom on hers. Squeezing the phone makes it creak and click... my theory is that their is a broken clip in there or something. Its intermittent but sometimes when I pick up the phone I hear a loud click as something reseats itself. Apparently this is a relatively commonly reported problem they are investigating.

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Nokia Canada told me 7 days is the average repair time. Not include shipping transit time I would guess.

My suggestion is to try to get in contact with escalated tech support. I've been talking with them and they are SO helpful. Nokia Canada basic support told me to go to Rogers and send it in for repair. These people are actually talking to me about the issue, comparing it to other issues they have heard of, and are now offering a complete replacement. They said they will send me a phone directly so I don't have to go through Rogers. I've been emailing a general mailbox of nokia.resolution@nokia.com. I would strongly suggest reaching out to them politely for help.

My issue that they are helping me with is a creaking/clicking on both mine and my wife's phones. Near the power button on mine and down towards the bottom on hers. Squeezing the phone makes it creak and click... my theory is that their is a broken clip in there or something. Its intermittent but sometimes when I pick up the phone I hear a loud click as something reseats itself. Apparently this is a relatively commonly reported problem they are investigating.

Thanks, i've spoken nokia they are really helpful, the problem is with our service provider in South Africa,

Thank Heaven Nokia is helping me get this sorted out now,

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Try these guys though. Seems to be a different escalated department. My local Nokia Canada support had nothing to give me but these guys were very helpful. One lady called Rogers and sorted some stuff out for me in Canada.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss