IE10 issue? Anyone else get this?

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
IE 10 is awful. Worst mobile browser I've ever used. I've used safari on my old iphone 4 and chrome on my nexus 7 tablet. Both of those blew ie 10 out of the water.

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The blurry thing doesn't bother me. It's the websites that don't work, the weird coding on others, nothing ever works 100% with IE 10. Safari and Chrome don't have flash but other than that they have very few issues in comparison to IE 10

Last edited:

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with IE10 ... no problems with any internet pages, not at all, some I am using ... and it is much much faster as IE9 ... well, I have nothing against 2nd browser, but then I will prefer Firefox with flash to be compay for IE10, but so far, not really needed for me ...

Can you give me 1 internet page that does not work properly with IE10 ? - as I would like to test it ...

By the way, IE10 is very fast in Sunspider 0.9.1 test (917 ms), if someone like compare to others ....

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I've just got the same pictures up on my 920 and they are pin sharp, as in jarip's post.

ps... i know how to save a screenshot but how do i then post it to this forum?

To post a screenshot have a look on the control panel at the top of the quick reply box. There is a button to the left of the film strip icon. It looks like a picture frame with a tree in it. Click that and upload your image.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Might have something to do with WP8. The HTC sense wallpapers look a lot better on the HTC One X than they do on the HTC 8x when it should be the other way around since they are both SLCD2 screens and the 8x has the higher pixel density. The auto brightness sensor could be a factor or it could be just that my memory of the One X screen is just found nostalgia but I think it is the software.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm comparing these two sites between my L920 and my HTC One X. It looks like the entire page is being displayed in a lower resolution. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the sites picking up something weird from the browser?

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
WP8 is just probably tuned for performance and Android is tuned for brute force rendering. That is how it has always been. IOS and WP8 will take whatever processing power short cuts it can in the name of a smooth UI, in this case choosing a lower rendering resolution. While Android just tries to take everything at the highest resolution possible.

Doesn't bother me though, for phones the screen is small enough to get away with rendering webpages in low resolution. For tablets though it is a different story.

IE10 settings should have settings to change the resolution or picture quality though. Maybe look for it.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The website is serving different resolution of images for different devices. Just send them an email to tell them to serve the correct quality image. Most likely their mobile site defaults to lower resolution and has exceptions for certain devices.

This.

On IMDB simply select Desktop at the bottom of the page and you'll get the full website.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Can you give me 1 internet page that does not work properly with IE10 ? - as I would like to test it .....

Yes, try to open m.redbox.com and you will see the mobile site for a split second, then the screen goes blank. IE 10 or any IE doesn't stand a chance against other platform browsers. For example, Boat Browser for Android is top notch. There are other sites as well that IE struggles with and I hope they work this out in 2013. Just a few important apps would resolve my concerns.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, try to open m.redbox.com and you will see the mobile site for a split second, then the screen goes blank. IE 10 or any IE doesn't stand a chance against other platform browsers. For example, Boat Browser for Android is top notch. There are other sites as well that IE struggles with and I hope they work this out in 2013. Just a few important apps would resolve my concerns.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

m.redbox.com seems to be log in page (pop up log in) ... but you can log in through true home page, www . redbox . com and all works well in mobile - scaling, log in, etc.

Honestly, it was not an good example ... a such case can be caused by a pop up blocking and you do not really need that page at all, www . redbox . com works well by mobile browser ... I am still waiting to know a page that does not work properly by IE10 - I have NOT seen a single one so far ...

EDIT: shortly, if I would be user there ... I would use www . redbox . com/register ... instead of m.redbox.com ... that's all

Last edited:

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I disagree with you Jari P. Just because you have it set to mobile in settings, www.redbox.com it does not pull up in true mobile. Also taking it a step further when not using the mobile URL is entering your location is a pain. It does work but not well at all. My point is m.redbox.com I should be able to pull up the page and IE 10 on wp8 does not. And the non mobile page is slow as ****. Again, give me an official app for this site and problem solved, but IE 10vs other platforms on this site, there's no comparison.
I've got my android skyrocket phone here and it has no issues pulling up mobile site. If others in here can pull up m.redbox.com then I may have an isolated issue
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I disagree with you Jari P. Just because you have it set to mobile in settings, www.redbox.com it does not pull up in true mobile. Also taking it a step further when not using the mobile URL is entering your location is a pain. It does work but not well at all. My point is m.redbox.com I should be able to pull up the page and IE 10 on wp8 does not. And the non mobile page is slow as ****. Again, give me an official app for this site and problem solved, but IE 10vs other platforms on this site, there's no comparison.
I've got my android skyrocket phone here and it has no issues pulling up mobile site. If others in here can pull up m.redbox.com then I may have an isolated issue
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

No, mobile setting is default in IE10 of Lumia 920 ... so you do not need to set anything ...

Well, I have to agree that the best option is that it works :) ... I was looking a source code - it is a webkit page (with javascript), not a typical HTML page at all ... and it just made me think that the page is made for Apple's devices ...

However, I did not experience that www . redbox . com pages were slow ... they was OK for browsing ... but you have more experince about these pages for sure ...

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I've just tried that IMDB page again and the image was in its proper resolution when zoomed in. No pix-elation. The difference this time was I connected via WiFi but the first time was via 3G. Obviously IE10 compresses data when connected via 3G.

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I've just tried that IMDB page again and the image was in its proper resolution when zoomed in. No pix-elation. The difference this time was I connected via WiFi but the first time was via 3G. Obviously IE10 compresses data when connected via 3G.

IE has no control over the use of image compression on 3G, that is decided by your mobile network.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I believe you are correct in that the problem is javascript related. I'll get by for now as it's only the 1 site that I'd really like to be able to constantly use, but i guess for now, that's what my pc is for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786