would you recommend buying a 920 after owning one yourself?

Linh Pham

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
There are only 2 things I missed from my Android phone:
- Gmail app, seriously, in the current state, there is no way to use my Gmail Priority Inbox feature. I just really need it.
- Google voice app, we have Metrotalk, but it still use your minute, not your data. :))

1 more things, app list must be improved, I'd like to have some way to sort it other than just alphabetically (most recent downloaded, for example).

That's it. Sophisticated design, best camera. Whenever I take it out from my pocket, I feel like a man. :((

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Boss Phone. But my daylily driver is the Nokia 808. - use my Lumia 920 as my smartphone/minitablet for social networking, news and entertainment though :)
Would I recommend it? I've sold so many, I should be getting a paycheck in the mail from Nokia ;) I'll leave it at that :D

contributorM

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have and turned folks on to the 920. I let them know about its quirks and lack of apps compared to apple and android, bit with my negatives against the phone, there are 3x positives that I mention. So far so good with me.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had a black AT&T Lumia 920 since launch day in the US and have had zero problems with it. I'd recommend the hardware 100%. I will hopefully be able to recommend WP8 to the general public when it's had a chance to mature a bit. Seeing how you're coming from a WP device already and are happy with it, I'd say go for it - it's such a great phone.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I will definitely recommend the phone, but not the OS at its current state 'App wise', too many missing apps that will probably will never make it to WP8.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Since you already use WP, I don't have to go into the whole app thing, which is the biggest issue for me.

I own an iPhone 5, a Nexus 4 and the Lumia 920 (I let someone talk me into teaching smartphone classes).

Of the three, the iPhone 5 offers the most solid performance. By far the best battery life (I usually have around 30% left after a day's worth of heavy usage), a decent camera, very good reception, large app selection. Of the three, the iPhone 5 is also the most boring phone to use. It has a small, uninviting screen (sure, it looks good but I'm talking usability here). I have the phone around because my home automation system comes with an iOS app and because of the iOS classes.

The Nexus 4 is a much more intriguing device than the iPhone because it offers better customizability, a much more useful screen size equally great speed and an even bigger (or so I just read) app selection. Battery life isn't great (pretty much exactly the same as the Lumia's) and the camera is just ok. It's actually quite good in decent light but sucks in low light situations. I like using it but since Google has switched to bully-mode, I'm currently trying to move away from the Google services package.

The Lumia 920 isn't very well-rounded. It has fairly poor battery life (I normally get the "critically low battery life" warning around 8 p.m.), I can't get it to charge in my car while using nokia drive, the app selection is abysmal, notifications don't work for most apps (Skype, Facebook, whatsapp), the screen scratches easily. However, I just can't seem to put it down. Despite all the shortcomings, it's by far the most fun to use. It's been my daily driver ever since I got it. I can't really tell you why, which makes it hard for me to recommend it to anyone, but I simply like it best.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think you just need to exchange your Lumia and get one with no problems, then you won't be so bitter, Nokia cs is awesome !

Maybe so, but there seems to be little doubt these phones have some serous issues. Honestly if Nokia was upfront and notified owners that they have some issues, things would be far better. What can you do that's business in the 21st, If you deny a problem exists, there is no problem.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Since you already use WP, I don't have to go into the whole app thing, which is the biggest issue for me.

I own an iPhone 5, a Nexus 4 and the Lumia 920 (I let someone talk me into teaching smartphone classes).

Of the three, the iPhone 5 offers the most solid performance. By far the best battery life (I usually have around 30% left after a day's worth of heavy usage), a decent camera, very good reception, large app selection. Of the three, the iPhone 5 is also the most boring phone to use. It has a small, uninviting screen (sure, it looks good but I'm talking usability here). I have the phone around because my home automation system comes with an iOS app and because of the iOS classes.

The Nexus 4 is a much more intriguing device than the iPhone because it offers better customizability, a much more useful screen size equally great speed and an even bigger (or so I just read) app selection. Battery life isn't great (pretty much exactly the same as the Lumia's) and the camera is just ok. It's actually quite good in decent light but sucks in low light situations. I like using it but since Google has switched to bully-mode, I'm currently trying to move away from the Google services package.

The Lumia 920 isn't very well-rounded. It has fairly poor battery life (I normally get the "critically low battery life" warning around 8 p.m.), I can't get it to charge in my car while using nokia drive, the app selection is abysmal, notifications don't work for most apps (Skype, Facebook, whatsapp), the screen scratches easily. However, I just can't seem to put it down. Despite all the shortcomings, it's by far the most fun to use. It's been my daily driver ever since I got it. I can't really tell you why, which makes it hard for me to recommend it to anyone, but I simply like it best.

+1, it can not be said better.

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

i dont care much about the app selection. i just need whatsapp and a good browser. i dont see the point of most apps honestly, a good mobile site would be better than downloading apps in my view. if u dont mind sharing could u please tell me what your usage is like on the 920, which results in poor battery life? the one thing i dislike about my lumia 800 is the terrible battery life. i hate having to charge my phone in the evenings so i can use it at night

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
i dont care much about the app selection. i just need whatsapp and a good browser. i dont see the point of most apps honestly, a good mobile site would be better than downloading apps in my view. if u dont mind sharing could u please tell me what your usage is like on the 920, which results in poor battery life? the one thing i dislike about my lumia 800 is the terrible battery life. i hate having to charge my phone in the evenings so i can use it at night

I predominantly use it for e-mail (probably around 20 e-mails per day), SMS (5-10) and browsing the web / reading news (perhaps about 45 minutes per day). I listen to TuneIn on the way to work and back (a 20 minute drive each). I also have Skype installed and use that for messaging only (perhaps another 5-10 messages per day). That's about it.

I use Nokia Drive once in a while but that's not part of the daily routine. Drive kills the battery in about 90 minutes with a charger attached. I read that the Nokia DC-20 charger works to keep it charged, so I ordered one of these - I'll report back once I get it. Same goes for playing games - don't do that regularly. That also kills the battery fairly quickly (which is understandable, though, and goes for all mobile platforms).

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
surely I would recommend, but I will also suggest to test the device thoroughly, run it in every aspect and test it as much as you can... I did it and found the freezing/restarting issue and replaced the device.

But second device come up with an issue of poor gorila glasse got scratches so easily, crackling sound and dust under the camera.

However, OS makes Lumia a wonderful device.

OJMoto

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree that the 920 is the best choice. I use it for a long time and very pleased. Although the battery runs down pretty quickly because I like to talk to much. But if you talk on the phone no more than 3-4 hours a day, the battery will last for a long time. Nice device!
Moto rider

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05