Another broken 920 screen, even with speck case

farzonalmaneih

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, about 10 minutes ago I saw my wife's Nokia Lumia 920, slip out of her hand bag and hit the pavement. She had the bag strap in her hand, which positions the purse close to the ground. It couldn't of even fallen more than 12-15 inches. It fell directly flush on the screen. The Speck case looks REALLY robust and one of the bigger and more protective looking cases out there. I am completely surprised by this. I am wondering with all these screens breaking on the 920's, that maybe something bigger is going on here?

Anyway, who knows. The phone still works just fine and the only issue is the majorly cracked screen. It works, but I don't want her to cut her fingers trying to use that. Its also very ugly. Now I am on a quest to find a place who does these types of repairs.

WP_20130112_002.jpg

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
I returned the speck case because it didn't stick out enough to protect the screen. When flipped over, it barely kept the curved glass off the table. I rather go naked than have a giant case that doesn't even give the screen some protection.

I wonder if the bumper sticks out more? I'll have to check it again in the store.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I also returned my speck case as it offered no screen protection(no lip) and the rubber edge near the volume and power buttons was not linear. The rubber was loose and cheap. With a case like this, you definitely need a quality screen protector.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Cases that don't cover the screen do not protect the screen. They protect what they cover. Same reason why a bulletproof vest doesn't protect your head.

There is nothing bigger going on here. If your 920 falls screen down, it will shatter. And you can get it replaced at any 3rd party store that repairs phones, but you will have to pay a high price for them to do it. It's easier and cheaper to do it yourself. It's not that hard.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Need a case like the official CC-1043 from Nokia.
Slim profile, and it slightly wraps the edges of the glass.
Bought this, currently have a Feather. Like it, but glass protection is a higher priority.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05