Wooden Lumia 920

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Since this morning, I'm FINALLY the proud owner of a brand new Nokia Lumia 920 (without vibration rattle, even!). I've been waiting for this phone for about a year, so I'm pretty hyped. So far, it doesn't dissapoint!

But what I wanted to share with you is the following:
I always like to do a bit of arts 'n crafts and I'm very picky about consistensy between the devices I carry with me. So I wondered: how can I make my Lumia 920 and Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13 look like they belong to the same series of products (like most Apple products)? Some simple DIY tutorial on the internet gave me the answer: apply contact paper to your devices! I decided to give both the Lumia and the Yoga the same wooden texture. After a lot of measuring, cutting and being very, very, very careful, this is the result:

lumiayoga1.jpg
lumiayoga2.jpg
lumiayoga3.jpg
lumiayoga4.jpg
lumiayoga5.jpg

Sexy, huh? I really think it looks like they are both some rare premium products released by one manufacturer, and I can't wait to show them off in public!! If there's interest, I can write a short step-by-step tutorial on how to do this, but it's pretty straightforward, so I think you guys can figure it out by yourselves.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
OMG YES! I might try and apply an Apple-like look to my Nokia Lumia 920 once I get it. Keep the consistency between laptop and phone, as currently with my HTC TITAN it's a pretty glaring contrast. and tbh, I like the aluminium look of the MacBook Pro.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. Seriously, though, I have both a Lenovo Yoga 13 and a Lumia 920. If I send you money, can you do the same for me? :D

JacksonSQD

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Since this morning, I'm FINALLY the proud owner of a brand new Nokia Lumia 920 (without vibration rattle, even!). I've been waiting for this phone for about a year, so I'm pretty hyped. So far, it doesn't dissapoint!

But what I wanted to share with you is the following:
I always like to do a bit of arts 'n crafts and I'm very picky about consistensy between the devices I carry with me. So I wondered: how can I make my Lumia 920 and Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13 look like they belong to the same series of products (like most Apple products)? Some simple DIY tutorial on the internet gave me the answer: apply contact paper to your devices! I decided to give both the Lumia and the Yoga the same wooden texture. After a lot of measuring, cutting and being very, very, very careful, this is the result:

View attachment 26752
View attachment 26753
View attachment 26754
View attachment 26755
View attachment 26756

Sexy, huh? I really think it looks like they are both some rare premium products released by one manufacturer, and I can't wait to show them off in public!! If there's interest, I can write a short step-by-step tutorial on how to do this, but it's pretty straightforward, so I think you guys can figure it out by yourselves.
Fantastic job there man :)
If it isn't too much trouble, I would love to see that tutorial, I'm giving my PC a huge makeover later this year and having a matching phone would be slick. :grin:

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Nice! Must have taken a while to get all the measurements right.

I'm planning to do something similar (with a carbon fibre pattern), but I'm gonna try it out on a thin hard case first.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
i think u just put a buncha companies who make carbon fiber stickers out of business :p
i'm going to try this. please publish the tutorial!

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
EXTREMELY sexy! I'm jealous, even! I can never get that kind of precision, whether measuring, cutting, or pasting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss