Touchscreen responsiveness delay?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The only way I can reproduce this is to start to try to move the screen be for it is on. By the time I can get my thumb from the power button to the screen it works every time. Also keep in mind that the screen on the 800 is much smaller will take less milliseconds so come on. We are talking milliseconds here right?

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, is anyone experiencing this issue with your 920?

To reproduce:
- Power off
- Press power button and immediately swipe up to unlock

Will it unlock after the immediate initial swipe?

Nokia Lumia 920 Touchscreen responsiveness issue - YouTube

And which ROM/Carrier/Country model you have?

Thanks

NOTE: What I'm after here is not complain, just seeking to know if most 920 ROMs are affected so I can report it to Nokia and they can take corrective actions. I want all the best for Nokia, and small feedback like this is what contributes to perfection. WP is known to be blazingly fast and responsive, so better follow that line on all aspects.

this is not an issue to me. in your video you are trying to swipe up with both hands BEFORE the screen comes on. that in itself means it shouldnt respond. the fact that the 800 does is pretty dang good. but nokia nor microsoft has promised that you can swipe up before the screen comes on and be able to see your home screen. this is not a nokia or wp8 problem, more like an operator error.

if i was nokia and i had this video sent to me as a touch problem, the first thing i would think is "really!?".

Jandieg

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE

After personally testing on several phones/brands, can confirm this is not a Nokia specific issue, it's a general issue with Windows Phone 8.

Phones tested and having this issue:
- Nokia Lumia 920
- Nokia Lumia 820
- Samsung Ativ
- HTC 8x
(all of them have Windows Phone 8)

Phones tested and not having the issue:
- Nokia Lumia 800
- Nokia Lumia 710
- Nokia Lumia 505
- Samsung Focus S
(all of them have Windows Phone 7.5)

So since this is Windows Phone 8 related, I have created a Uservoice topic, please contribute voting so MS can resolve this soon:
Quickly unlocking after powering on (fails)

Niki Foster

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am also getting this problem, except worse.

Sometimes I unlock and almost instantly swipe up and it works fine. Unfortunately sometimes it can take 5 or 6 seconds for the screen to become responsive. On some occasions the screen even relocks itself before the screen becomes active.

Anyone have this aswell? Any clues on how to sort this?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This is the kind of thing which is endemic in the WP community.

You want a mature response, then please post a mature argument!!! This is BS....

As mentioned before, I can't believe that you can't wait a millisecond before you swipe up. Watching your video again, you are trying to swipe before the 920 has come to full brightness. It's still fading in

Report your findings to Nokia. I'm sure they will have a good laugh before pressing the 'delete' button.

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Like its been mentioned before and I feel like I need to also say it, you don't give enough time for the screen to turn on.

Next Thread: No sound when phone is unplugged, got replaced 10 times, Nokia is garbage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6