Bad Battery Life - RESET YOUR PHONE

The_Traveler

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
By reset I mean reboot, as in turn it off and then back on. NOT reset to default settings.

I'm not sure why this is but I'm guessing it's an app or some other system program not closing properly.

I always charge my Lumia 920 wirelessly overnight, and yesterday I slept in and woke up around 1pm and installed the Battery Level app to see how long it would last. I have a wifi network at my house so that was definitely on, and bluetooth was on but not paired with anything. Tap and send off, location on.

I barely used the phone that day, and it was dead before 8pm. The entire time the livetile for Battery Level was saying about 7 hours.

This morning I restarted my phone and so far:

2.5 hours since charged
1 hours long phone conversation over bluetooth

Battery level says: 14:32 hours 93%

Nokia/Microsoft, please fix this!

Last edited:

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine is kind of weird. One day I can go 36 hours on a charge. Then the next day, ZAP!, 12 hours. I'm wondering if the AT&T cell network is causing it. I can look at the battery level showing -2.5 discharge. Then all of a sudden I get -37.5 discharge rate never touching the phone. Beats the heck out of me? All and all I can make it through the day. I really have nothing running in the back ground. Oh! I was on another forum and read there Nokia yanked the firmware offline making it hard to flash our phones. I'm not sure if that's true or not. Just what I read.

The_Traveler

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I don't know, but today is a massive difference from yesterday... I'm at 89% right now with 15+ hours remaining according to the app. I get that Windows Mobile was too complicated/verbose for average users, but a power user mode would really help. I want to see what tasks are running and how much resources they are consuming!

The_Traveler

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Now it's saying 3.5 days! I'm at 87% with 3 days 6 hours and 35 min to go.
It's received emails on a couple of accounts as well as a text message.

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
:amaze: I'm just sitting here not doing a thing with the phone, and it goes on a fast power drain. It's got to be AT&T network sync or something on that line. I need to check if it's about the same time each day.

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I did a reset on the phone I was sending back to Nokia for case issues and the phone is now bricked. I'd love to try this as my replacement battery is horrible, but I'm too scared to attempt it on my only phone.

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
yeah, reboot could help sometimes. maybe it's because some apps are killing the battery even if it looks like closed. if anyone notice the phone is warm even when the screen is locked, they should try it.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I am using battery sense and I am averaging over that last 3 days about a 5% an hour discharge. That seems a bit high to me. If I play a game then it jumps to 30+% an hour.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

MMansoorT

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I just bought my 920 less than 24 hrs ago. Initially used it right after buying, from the main dealer in my country and he advised to have it fully charged only once the battery dies for the first time which I did. After 4 hrs from the first charge, including 2 hours of battery saver I had 15% battery left. WTF? I have been using Nokia since the year 2000 and my last phone was the Nokia N8 which was great in every aspect. 12mp camera, internet data package on 24 hrs, including whatsapp, and 2 email accounts running all the time! I used to use the fm transmitter to play music sometimes in my car too! Used to only charge that 1 time a day! .... come on Nokia.. I have sent Nokia on its "feedback" pretty much a big complaint considering how its not worth the money to have a phone with such crap battery life. Lets see what happens.:eck:

Udoh Progress

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 920 is equally frustrating me. Please any help available. I bought it some weeks ago and it went for 24 hours. After i hard reset it, it barely goes for 14 hours (i dont use the phone - just light use such as check emails (10 per day) and whatsapp for like 2 hours. i have everything such as background task off and i am really frustrated. Please before i return it, IS THERE ANY HELP? wifi off, bluetooth off, tap and send off, location on and only one push email set to hourly, brightness low, firware version:1232.2109.1242.1001, hardware revision :1.0.0.0. Please i need a reply.

halimaw96

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think we can all agree that the best word for battery life on these lumias is erratic. On my best dats I can squeeze a day and half from my 920, but yesterday it only lasted twelve hours. Definitely an OS bug that needs to be fixed asap

The_Traveler

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
For me the goal is to have it last about 16 hours, any more than that is gravy. After that initial reboot my phone no longer dies less than 10 hours in like it did before.
My guess is that this will be addressed in the Apollo update by Microsoft. I would hope that they have reporting features within the OS that are reporting back data on app usage and battery life etc...

It's a good phone, these issues will be fixed... for now just put that wireless charging pad/stand next to your bed. :D

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my 920 less than 24 hrs ago. Initially used it right after buying, from the main dealer in my country and he advised to have it fully charged only once the battery dies for the first time which I did. After 4 hrs from the first charge, including 2 hours of battery saver I had 15% battery left. WTF? I have been using Nokia since the year 2000 and my last phone was the Nokia N8 which was great in every aspect. 12mp camera, internet data package on 24 hrs, including whatsapp, and 2 email accounts running all the time! I used to use the fm transmitter to play music sometimes in my car too! Used to only charge that 1 time a day! .... come on Nokia.. I have sent Nokia on its "feedback" pretty much a big complaint considering how its not worth the money to have a phone with such crap battery life. Lets see what happens.:eck:

It gets better, just takes a few days. My first day after a full charge it lasted 5 hours. But doubled the next day and got better slightly every day until it plateaued losing 3% an hour. This 3% was fixed by rebooting the phone (i think a program got stuck running draining it 3% an hour).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon