Has Microsoft posted their update schedule for WP8?

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Since we're past Portico and glaring issues with the OS persist, has Microsoft made any recent announcements as to when they will release another update for WP8?

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I really hope they don't make us wait for a huge release update to address ongoing battery drain issues. Something is not right with the OS.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
FYI: Most of the world are NOT past Portico ...

Calm down. Portico has been released and it is shown to be lackluster. It is known that it didn't fix some problems and caused other problems. We are fully aware that there are those that did not receive it.

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, at least WP team need to rewrite the Messaging app to support skype for the coming update.

Let's wait MWC for the Spring update...

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, at least WP team need to rewrite the Messaging app to support skype for the coming update.

Let's wait MWC for the Spring update...

Doubtful, since this was rolled into messenger, they'll do most changes on the backend. Eventually we may see skype show as the name in the accounts list. It would also be nice to chose what accounts are online.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I honestly think it's a bad idea for them to wait till spring to update. The problems people are experiencing are making WP8 look bad and isn't helping Nokia's image either. The Lumia 920 appears to have some design flaws, but some of the problems are with the OS itself.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think it's a bad idea for them to wait till spring to update. The problems people are experiencing are making WP8 look bad and isn't helping Nokia's image either. The Lumia 920 appears to have some design flaws, but some of the problems are with the OS itself.

I wish they can come out with something sooner. Portico was a quick update with some new features I personally would rather wait until they stabilize a build and roll it out I am confident the WP8 can get that done.

I am going to assume MWC the WP8 team will open the flood gates to the tech geeks that want priority upgrades. Allow some people to run the new OS figure out the bugs then roll it out to the general public around May-April.

Then I expect a small Portico like upgrade in July-August and then a new update coming this Fall. So maybe 2 big updates a year 2 smaller fixes then bam you have a good cycle.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I concur. They need to get out an update focused on addressing the current issues. We don't need more features at this point, just an update that fixes the random background app power usage and excessive heat and power usage when GPS is used.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I would expect to see a product cycle across the board similar to Xbox. A spring update and a fall update for Windows 8, WP8, and Xbox. Maybe not all at fall/spring, maybe some Winter/Summer for a product category. If they timed it right, Microsoft could have big news hitting every month throughout the year.

G

GT2010PassportVersion

Amm not all of us are like you I actually like having more features that's an real update for fixes patch num nuts

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I really like XBOX Music. Yes its pretty awful at matching your existing music but hard work manually matching the music where XBOX Music cannot do it is possible. It took me 3-4 hrs to get 99% of my music library matched and now its there across all devices. As for sync, I don't get the annoyance some people have with that. Why use a sync tool??? Why not just use windows explorer to move data across??

The one thing I think is really needed is an update to sort out battery issues. Lasting a day does not seem to be possible with normal usage.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you know what is changing?

Nope, but more than a few members who contacted Xbox Music team (esp regarding renewal of subscription, including me) have been told this will be fixed with WP8.1

So don't know what/how many issues with Xbox Music will be fixed, but some rather annoying things like lag, cloud integration are definitely being addressed.

Michael Glasscock

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Speaking of the Xbox music, why the heck can't I make and save a playlist? Is that crazy or what. I can't even do it on my Surface and send it to my phone! That's fundamental in a music player and they dropped the ball on that one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923