Outgoing voice issue?

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Im starting to wonder if the noise cancelling mic is too sensitive. I have a fairly deep, "booming" voice, it carries a long way and im starting to think that a lot of time the noise cancelling mic picks up my voice when im speaking. I pretty much NEVER have the issue if im sitting at my desk at work, and i definitely speak softer so i dont bother other people when im at work.

Anyone else with this issue have loud voices?

Shawn

e_man11

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Naked phone. Caller on the other end tells me my voice/phone "breaks up". I periodically looked at how many bars of service I had, and I was full or one bar away from full.

When putting the phone on speaker mode, the caller on the other end never had a problem hearing me once. This has been happening to me a lot lately when making calls with different people.

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Naked phone. Caller on the other end tells me my voice/phone "breaks up". I periodically looked at how many bars of service I had, and I was full or one bar away from full.

When putting the phone on speaker mode, the caller on the other end never had a problem hearing me once. This has been happening to me a lot lately when making calls with different people.
Have you tried to reset the phone ?

weim76

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Lumia 820. I later found out that there is a mic at the rear camera assembly that was covered by my poorly-designed casing. It has 2 small holes that only exposed exactly the perimeter of the lens and flash. To test it, I turned on video mode and blew softly at the rear camera assembly (without casing). When I play back the video, the loud whooshing sound confirms that the secondary mic is near the camera assy. Using another casing that has a long opening, the problem disappeared.

I believe the Lumia 920 has a third mic also near the rear camera assembly (in addition to the primary mic at the bottom front and second mic near the earphone jack - as stated by some). That could explain why some users have the problem when talking with the phone propped up with their shoulders even without any casing, because the third mic is obstructed by the shoulder. For others, could it be due to the way the phone is held, for example, the palm covering the rear camera assembly?

If all else fails, it could just be a faulty unit. Send in for repair.

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've received the phone back a few days ago (from the repair centre) and now it seems everything is working ok and they exchanged the casing too!:)
So if you have problems with this send it for a repair!

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Lumia 820. I later found out that there is a mic at the rear camera assembly that was covered by my poorly-designed casing. It has 2 small holes that only exposed exactly the perimeter of the lens and flash. To test it, I turned on video mode and blew softly at the rear camera assembly (without casing). When I play back the video, the loud whooshing sound confirms that the secondary mic is near the camera assy. Using another casing that has a long opening, the problem disappeared.

I believe the Lumia 920 has a third mic also near the rear camera assembly (in addition to the primary mic at the bottom front and second mic near the earphone jack - as stated by some). That could explain why some users have the problem when talking with the phone propped up with their shoulders even without any casing, because the third mic is obstructed by the shoulder. For others, could it be due to the way the phone is held, for example, the palm covering the rear camera assembly?

If all else fails, it could just be a faulty unit. Send in for repair.

:grin::grin::grin:
Thank you very much, you saved my life. My flip case was cover rear camera and and flash panel :angry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz