So I sent Nokia my 920 for repair?.

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I sent in my 920 in to Nokia for repair. I have the dust in the front camera housing issue. I contacted AT&T first and they stated that they would not do a warranty return and to contact Nokia for repair. So I sent the phone in to Nokia last Monday. I get an e-mail yesterday stating that the phone is on its way back. Their solution?.

?Thanks for sending us your Nokia device for service. Unfortunately, we weren?t able to duplicate your problem, so we are returning your device?

Really? I guess my long and detailed description of the issue was not clear enough.

I called (before the device arrived back) and was told that if the issue continued to call them back and it would be escalated to the next support level.

I got the phone back today and it looks like they used compressed air to clean it out. The dust was very obvious when I sent it in and is mostly gone now. Not only that but they were nice enough to scuff the back of the phone before sending it back. :angry:

Needless to say I was not happy..

I contacted AT&T (explained the issue again to them) and was told that I would be charged $400+ if I did a warrantee return because the phone was damaged. After getting a bit annoyed the rep called Nokia himself and confirmed that it was an issue. AT&T has shipped a replacement. My wife had to get hers replaced a few weeks back due to it not charging with the wireless charging plate. They sent her a new one. Let?s hope they do the same this time?.

I?m curious as to who Nokia uses as their ?authorized service center? here in the states. They don?t seem to be doing a very good job at the moment.

Fitu Pham

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I am using Lumia 920 as well, and I used to use many brand in the past Nokia Motorola Samsung LG Dell Sony Apple. Almost all of them provided bad after sale services. Even Apple itself.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know there is 1 service center in the states, its in Alabama. You have to go through them, your carrier or nokia. They are a foreign company to u.s. And they are small compared to Samsung or LG. So they would probably lose money if they had more repair centers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)