House of Lies 920

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol I also clicked in here thinking oh one of those threads...let me set em straight haha
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm embarassed to say that on occasion I watch the Vampire Diaries, and the product placement in that show (including a lot of windows phone and android) is shameless. They're in every scene and actually integrate themselves rather clunkily into entire plot devices. Just in the last episode a main character, when asked how they can find out the address of a company, actually theatrically pulls out a windows phone (i think htc) and exclaims: "We could BING it!"

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm embarassed to say that on occasion I watch the Vampire Diaries, and the product placement in that show (including a lot of windows phone and android) is shameless. They're in every scene and actually integrate themselves rather clunkily into entire plot devices. Just in the last episode a main character, when asked how they can find out the address of a company, actually theatrically pulls out a windows phone (i think htc) and exclaims: "We could BING it!"

My wife and I are hooked on that show!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't watch the show and never heard of it, but I saw a Windows Phone commercial at the movie theatre. It was the one with Ben the PC Guy challenging the couple at the outdoor cafe to see whether the woman's iPhone 5 or the Nokia Lumia 920 took a better picture at night. Ben had a yellow 920. The woman picked a red 920.

[video=youtube;E9n0f2rhK3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E9n0f2rhK3g[/video]

That's the video I saw.

Prior to that, there was another ad that showed off more 920s in various colours and 8Xs in various colours.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

That's not unusual. They did it quite awkwardly in Hawaii 5-0 as well. It was a bit more discreet in Castle.

I know Hawaii 5-0 had some terrible Subway product placements too.

I don't blame the shows because everybody is skipping the commercials now days. Just wish they could do a better job of writing them into the story. It's almost like watching Truman Show where she would stop doing everything she was doing and looked at the camera and did a commercial while he sat there staring at her wondering what she was doing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was watching a program today (I think it was Emmerdale) and spotted someone looking at pictures on a phone with a bright blue back. Could tell by the design it was a Nokia Lumia.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Lol, read the title and got my defense cap on :/ will have to get the wife to DVR it and check the show out.

And it was on Castle

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel