Anyone else getting light leak??

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
So I got my lumia 920 today from handtec......not only did they send me the wrong colour (although I actually prefer this red that I now am holding to my requested black) but there wasn't any 'dont accept seal if broken' seal at all, and the phone had no sticky screen protectors on the front or reverse. Not only that, but if I look at the phone horizontally there is some minor light leakage on one edge and at the bottom very slightly.

Is all this (excluding the wrong colour thing) normal for an unlocked eu model? Or have I been sold a previously returned lemon?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an eu model, but not having the sticky screen protectors doesn't seem right. When they first came out, there were some people that did report some light leakage on their phones. That could be cause enough to return for another.

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine, (uk), arrived in a box with a transparent sealing tape across the box opening that leaves signs of being unsealed once removed, the phone within the box was inside a transparent pouch which was not 'sealed' ......the phone itself did not have anything stuck on the screen (this is my 4th 920 and they all arrived packaged the same way)

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply,

The light leakage is visible if you look at the phone horizontally and it is coming out of the side nearest the touchscreen, as opposed to the side of the bezel nearest the polycarbonate. It's very annoying and was just wondering if this is due to the limitations of mass produced products like this or whether this categorically should not be there?

Ive never spent this much on a phone but fell in love with the lumia so I hope I'm not being OCD or pathetic. Just want my money's worth.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have ever so minor light leak that I can see if I turn my phone JUST ENOUGH to see under the screen and into the capacitative buttons at the bottom. If yours is more pronounced (mine I really had to struggle to see), then I'd say it's grounds for a return. Getting a phone not completely wrapped throws flags in my mind as well. I'd say, contact the seller and see what's up. That's just my $0.02...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss