Lack of Led Notification of Nokia Lumia 920...

lskyus

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Something interesting I found while I was putting my old phone away.

I previously had a HTC Wildfire phone with Led Notification, I really do miss that and obviously the actual big debate is why MS/Nokia have not included one yet?

I then found my old Mobile Phone "Spinnerz" Tardis Charm, which rotates and flashes blue lights at me.

Strangely enough i tagged it to my phone and it works rather well, it will flash when i receive a call, or email or text in both ring and vibrate modes.

I mainly sought this out, because I have trouble with the vibrate mode as i suffer from RLS and i cant detect the vibrations, so often miss messages.

Seems to work pretty well with my 920 though.

I have no idea if anyone else has tried any other mobile phone led charms with their 920s?

Jeannie Whelan

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
If your Messaging and call tiles are pinned to the the screen, they will visually show when there is a text, e-mail, missed call or voice mail waiting. Messaging shows the number of texts waiting. It's nice to have an led but, this suffices as you need to glance at the phone either way.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't even have to be a separate LED. If they (Nokia or MS) could figure out a way to flash the home button light ala Palm Pre 2 style, that would work great as well.

Gotta admit, the LED notification is about the only thing I miss from my Android days.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't even have to be a separate LED. If they (Nokia or MS) could figure out a way to flash the home button light ala Palm Pre 2 style, that would work great as well.

Gotta admit, the LED notification is about the only thing I miss from my Android days.

YES! A pulsing home button when you get a new notification. Perfect!

julesonlinegoa

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Every phone ive used in the past had a LED light to notify you that you have missed something on the phone just by looking at it and not touching it. This feature is definately missed alot when using the Lumia 920. If there are no LED's to flash then 1 suggestion would be to Flash the NOKIA logo on a sleeping phone (Black Screen) If that's possible! the possibilities could be endless.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The LED is indeed a great feature. It would be nice if the home button would flash but I think the back button, home and search keys are all connected to the same light. Could be wrong, just my suspicion though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss