battery advice for a new 920

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
i just got my 920. its heavier than i remembered in the shop, but its beautiful. after all the complaints i read about the battery i wanted to know the best way to use it on the first day. is it better to let the battery die completely before i recharge it, or should i recharge it for several hours without letting it die? my 800 did not have great battery life so i want to make sure this phone has better battery life. thanks

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
As stated, charge it fully first and start using it when charged. Leaving it on charge after it's reached 100% won't make the slightest difference because the phone stops charging once it reaches 100%.
Battery life will improve after a few days once the OS has settled down and found it's feet with the battery. You should also make sure that certain features are turned off if you don't plan on using them like NFC (Tap to send), Bluetooth and Mobile data (a notorious rapist of batteries).

After a few recharge cycles the battery should calibrate to its optimum performance but don't confuse this with conditioning of a battery which only applied to older battery types such as Ni-Cad. So it's not necessary to drain the battery completely, just charge it when you want to.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I think it varies from person to person. I think most want to do a full charge at first to be safe and some say drain it till it dies and start recharge.

For me, my phone works fine and i didnt do anything special. I got the phone at 50% used it normally until i went to bed, i think there was about 10%. Then i just let it charge over night and that has been my routine and i've had this phone for 2 weeks and no battery issues or draining at all.

I dont think there is concrete answer, i believe people recommend doing the drain then recharge or full recharge out of the box to be safe, really imo, you probalby dont have to do anything. Based on my personal experience with 920s,900, iphones, focus s, galaxy s3

pviral

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I got new Lumia 920 (a week ago with AT&T), battery gets drain overnight. At night while sleeping I turn off wifi, cellular data, bluetooth and background tasks still battery got drain.

No sure, If I got defective piece but this happen to me thrice in one week span. When I check my phone for update it already had Portico update, so I guess this should not be a problem, correct?

Any suggestions, I also called AT&T to replace my device, since they are out of stock (cyan) I cannot get replacement.

Thanks

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I got new Lumia 920 (a week ago with AT&T), battery gets drain overnight. At night while sleeping I turn off wifi, cellular data, bluetooth and background tasks still battery got drain.

No sure, If I got defective piece but this happen to me thrice in one week span. When I check my phone for update it already had Portico update, so I guess this should not be a problem, correct?

Any suggestions, I also called AT&T to replace my device, since they are out of stock (cyan) I cannot get replacement.

Thanks

You probably have a process hung up and running all the time or you have poor signal strength in your area. First just turn phone off and back on. That should stop the process if that's what it is. If that doesn't stop the battery drain, perform soft reset. It might help. I had my phone for two months before I started getting descent battery life. And the only way I got that was to do a factory reset and manually flash device with Portico update while phone was fully charged.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss