Trouble syncing playlists.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm having trouble syncing playlists to my Nokia Lumia 920. I'm using Windows XP and Windows Media Player to sync. After getting WMP set up and my library all accounted for in WMP I was able to sync my music to the phone without much trouble. All my playlists were in iTunes and were deleted when I purged my computer from everything Apple (a great feeling btw). Was looking into playlists and saw I could create one on my phone itself, I have a lot of music and it would have taken FOREVER to do it on the phone. I created multiple playlists in WMP and tried to sync them to the phone. It created the correct playlists on the phone however there were only a fraction of the songs in the playlist than I had created on the computer. Example: In WMP I created a "Rock" playlist with 104 songs and that's how it shows and plays in WMP. After sync my phone shows a playlist "Rock" with only 3 songs in it. Each playlist has a different number of songs, some 3, some 9, some 1 even though there are much more in WMP. I tried to copy the playlist file over to the phone via Windows Explorer however the playlist on the phone had a .pla format and my playlist on the computer is in .wpl format. I'm at a loss at this point, don't know what else to do or try. All my music is physically on my computer, no cloud, no DRM issues. Any help would be appreciated. :amaze:

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, how did you initially sync your music to your phone? Did you drag the songs over from Explorer and then tried to create playlists in WMP for syncing?

I have found that you generally should avoid mixing how you sync and manage your music and playlists. I ran into what appeared to be indexing issues when I synced a playlist from WMP and then started managing songs using Windows Explorer and the Windows Phone 8 Desktop app. I ended up with multiple indexed copies of songs showing up on the phone, but all pointing to the same actual file. I had to go into the Music app on the phone, swiping to "songs" and then checking all of the titles for deletion. That cleared the phone and index. Then I re-synced my playlist using WMP only. From my experience, if you go with WMP to sync a playlist, you should use WMP exclusively and not add/delete songs using Explorer or the desktop app, otherwise you'll run into indexing issues.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I synced all music with WMP first. After all the music was on the phone I tried to create and sync the playlist. I've deleted all the music from the phone and tried again and same result.

Tahir Malik

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You could do 2 things:
Download "Nokia Music Player" and probably you'll only see the songs which are on your phone and not which are 'actually' in the list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos