920 random Reboot issue

pradf1

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Anybody else having this problem ??

Every now and then My red Lumia 920 seems like its dead. There is not much I can do other than to press the power button but to no avail. Then finally I have to soft reset it by pressing "down volume"+"power"+ "camera button". After 10 secs(what feels like eternity) it vibrates and starts to boot up.

This is happening regularly now and its random. I cant put a finger on the issue. Is this due to some app which is not coded properly or am I missing something ?

Also seems like the soft reset is losing some of the data. For example the music playlists that I have offlined all go away and I have to start all over again.

Its ruining my Lumia experience ? Any help would be appreciated.

melloyello920

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You're not alone. There are numerous threads on here about this problem. I got my 920 at launch and have had the reboot issue. I even performed a factory reset after the Portico update. Afterwards it was rebooting only when plugged in or wireless charging with one or two random reboots here and there. So now I turn Wi-Fi off when I'm charging (according to some other users on this forum) and it hasn't shut off.

I'm hoping they release another patch, or I'll probably send to Nokia for warranty repair.

ItWit

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have only had the phone for about a month and it has gone dead about 4 times that I am sure of others times may have been flat batteries as we live in an area where there is no coverage which really pulls the battery down if you forget to turn the phone off.

Unfortunatly I only found out that you can return the phone within 30 days on the 33 day so now I have to loose the phone with little hope of them actually fixing the problem as it is so intermittent. Hoping somebody here can identify what actually causes it to die i.e. is it an app or is it a fault in the phone. We have two devices and only one seems to fault so far. It is however my one which gets much more use and has many more apps than the other which belongs to my significant other.

ItWit

Trevor1106588

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
My Samsung Ativ S still has the random reboot issue even though all software is up to date. I know its a kinda new OS but Microsoft have been doing desktop and mobile OS's for years. There's no excuse for the amount of problems this WP8 has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon