Messages not going through and calls not being recieved

Taharial

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have had my lumia for over a month now and I have been having problems where messages will fail to send and calls won't be received. Initially I thought there was a problem with my sim card as I have been using it for a while so I went and got a new sim. It didn't seem to fix the problem. It has gotten to the point where I my phone is now totally unreliable. I have tried several hard resets as well and it doesn't fix the problem.

I'm in Australia with Optus and I bought an unlocked phone outright. Not sure if sending it to Nokia will help at this point. Very disappointed with this phone as I actually love this phone when it's working.:cry:

jwaldy

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same exact problem, on AT&T. I'll miss calls, voicemails and texts, but email always seems to work (whether I'm on wifi or not). It's happened twice in three days now. I just tried calling myself on a landline, it rang a couple times and went to voicemail but there was no notification at all on my phone. Last time it happened I got a voicemail notification about 8 hours after it was made.

ManMunoz11

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I think I may have experienced something similar to this. I wouldn't get calls, and wouldn't get text messages and randomly would start receiving a bunch of text messages that never came through when they were sent. I have an 8X on T-Mobile.

jwaldy

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
So three carriers and two phones... so this is a generic WP8 bug?

The worst part is that there's no way of telling when it's happening. The signal 'looks' fine so the only way to tell it's not actually connected is to be paranoid and call yourself literally all day. Which is *totally* reasonable.

I think I may have experienced something similar to this. I wouldn't get calls, and wouldn't get text messages and randomly would start receiving a bunch of text messages that never came through when they were sent. I have an 8X on T-Mobile.

Sam Wilderspin

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having similar problems and they do not occur when signal is poor, it is constant:

Frequently texts fail, it asks if you want to send again... then recipients get multiple messages. If it fails and you don't 'send again' there's no way of knowing if it actually sent or not - even that is inconsistent.

Less frequently, I have signal, someone calls but my phone doesn't ring - they go straight to voicemail and I immediately getting a text saying I had a missed call.

I'm on Orange/EE 3G contract. I've had a new handset, a new sim, multiple things tried over the phone when talking to Orange. All useless.

The most recent line was, this is a Nokia problem, we'll call you Monday, we might try a 'signal booster' (though, it's clearly not a signal strength problem) and/or Nokia will give an update. And the said if I don't hear back, get a new handset, new ones might work. Total rubbish.

Premium phone, premium contract. Not even got basic functionality.

Dr_Frag

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
My coworker and I have Lumia 810's on T-Mobile and are experiencing this as well. Very uncool as I have missed some important phone calls before I realized that this was a problem. My HTC HD7 worked better in several areas to be honest. E-Mail doesn't seem to be affected though. Since WP8 is not a continuation of the WP7 code base we're basically starting fresh and thus are going to have growing pains but basic phone functionality should be a rather high priority one would think.

David

youssefelra

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Exact same problem as me. sent my phone off to nokia the first time they said it was repaired, got it back and sent it off the next day because of the same problem. Now im waiting till i receive it again. Pretty annoying when they dont even do anything about it aswell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon