Nokia issue Not Resolved-Please Read 920 owners

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, ill start with the problem. If I have my 920 with Bluetooth connected to 2012 Jeep wrangler and internet sharing on phone works fine. If I leave car, keeping internet sharing on, phone will freeze up and screen will go blank or just freeze what ever screen is on requiring me to do the vol down plus power to reset phone. If I use Bluetooth or internet sharing independent of each other (Separately) everything is fine. I have exchanged my phone twice, this is my third brand new white 920 from ATT since the first day of release. I have tweeted @WinPhoneSupport and @NokiaCareUS and they have suggested, deleting all apps, see whats in background while this happens but nothing works.
I am waiting for a callback from tier 2 support as they have said all they can do is have me ship phone to them so they can have their technicians look at it and see whats wrong and if they cant fix it send me a new one but, that's bs, this is my third new phone, that's not the issue!!
I think the issue is not many people use BT and internet sharing at the same time because Nokia Customer service told me im the only one to ever report this....so my question is am I? Does anyone else have this issue with Bluetooth and internet sharing conflicting with each other causing a freeze up? I sure would appreciate it if you would post here, contact Nokia and MS at their twitter pages (see above) or call Nokia at: (888)665-4228.
I love this phone but if this is a hardware issue and cant be fixed I'm buying a Samsung Ativ s.

Thanks.

PS_ My 900 works flawlessly and does not have this issue either does my Titan.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, ill start with the problem. If I have my 920 with Bluetooth connected to 2012 Jeep wrangler and internet sharing on phone works fine. If I leave car, keeping internet sharing on, phone will freeze up and screen will go blank or just freeze what ever screen is on requiring me to do the vol down plus power to reset phone. If I use Bluetooth or internet sharing independent of each other (Separately) everything is fine. I have exchanged my phone twice, this is my third brand new white 920 from ATT since the first day of release. I have tweeted @WinPhoneSupport and @NokiaCareUS and they have suggested, deleting all apps, see whats in background while this happens but nothing works.
I am waiting for a callback from tier 2 support as they have said all they can do is have me ship phone to them so they can have their technicians look at it and see whats wrong and if they cant fix it send me a new one but, that's bs, this is my third new phone, that's not the issue!!
I think the issue is not many people use BT and internet sharing at the same time because Nokia Customer service told me im the only one to ever report this....so my question is am I? Does anyone else have this issue with Bluetooth and internet sharing conflicting with each other causing a freeze up? I sure would appreciate it if you would post here, contact Nokia and MS at their twitter pages (see above) or call Nokia at: (888)665-4228.
I love this phone but if this is a hardware issue and cant be fixed I'm buying a Samsung Ativ s.

Thanks.

PS_ My 900 works flawlessly and does not have this issue either does my Titan.

Do you have that problem when it is connected to other bluetooth devices and leave them or just the Jeep?

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Tested with BT headphones yesterday. It seems like it happens when Bluetooth and internet sharing disconnect at the same time.

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Turn the other Bluetooth device off first and the phone should become responsive again. I have the same problems with my work blackberry!God blessAndrew

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I just tested my bluetooth headset and internet sharing with both on and off at sametime. No freezing here.

What happens for me is when I get in my 2012 jeep wrangler my phone automatically connects to cars built in Bluetooth when I turn the key on and turns off when I turn the key off. So, I will be in my Jeep and phone will auto reconnect to cars radio to take receive calls or listen to music. I then turn on internet sharing on the lumia 920 and everything is fine (before portico my 920 would not auto reconnect) then I turn key off and leave vehicle (with internet sharing still on) and a short while ,later maybe 30 seconds to a minute phone will freeze up(screen is frozen and phones unresponsive) and I will have to do a volume down plus power to restart phone. This happens every time. I'm not sure if phone is ;locking up while Bluetooth is turning off and internet sharing is dropping signal or what but my 900, my titan and my focus flash don't have this issue. Now, if I turn off internet sharing before leaving vehicle and turning key off(Which will automatically disconnect cars BT from phone) im fine or if I use them separately I'm fine. really sucks because other than that its a great phone. Its almost like when the BT auto disconnects while internet sharing is on it causes this issue of freezing. I have also reset phone with no apps installed to eliminate any possible issue and it still happens and im on my third lumia 920.

anon(464113)

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the bluetooth/freeze problem also. I use a Motorola bluetooth to FM transmitter for podcast playing in the car. Almost every time the bluetooth is on, I get locked up. Use it with my Sony Xperia S, works great. I've done the factory reset on the 920 twice. Everything works fantastic...right up until I turn on the bluetooth on the phone. Using my Sony for now, hoping for a patch to fix the lockups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett