How to make Nokia Music the default player Lumia 920

BT_man

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Just got the Lumia 920 a week ago. Still trying to figure out it's capabilities. So far so good! Although getting music to sync was difficult (macOS user), among some other quirks, but I will read through the forums to see if I can get questions answers first.

Question:
I am playing a song using Nokia Music and when I am using another app or on the home screen, and click on the volume rocker to bring up the "now playing", back, start, and forward tab. If I press on the artist name it takes to the current song playing in music+videos, not Nokia Music. I can go back to Nokia Music via the live tile and all is well, but this is an annoyance. Does anyone know how to make the now playing tab send me to Nokia Music instead of music+videos?

Thanks! And look forward to being part of this community!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm that doesn't sound right.
If you go to Nokia Music and play music from your library, go away, push volume rocker, it should take you to Nokia Music.
Though if you have started the song from Xbox Music, go to Nokia Music you will see that song on the "now playing" and now when you push the volume rocker, push the song, it will take you to Xbox music.

Personally i always use Nokia Music, but don't have the phone next to me right now. That's how i remember it working.

BT_man

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I thought would happen as well. And I actually remember it working that way. But ever since I started using the windows phone sync app for MacOS, I have this issue. I prefer Nokia Music because I have not bought into the Xbox music ecosystem yet (still deciding), so hopefully someone knows the solutions to this issue.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I thought would happen as well. And I actually remember it working that way. But ever since I started using the windows phone sync app for MacOS, I have this issue. I prefer Nokia Music because I have not bought into the Xbox music ecosystem yet (still deciding), so hopefully someone knows the solutions to this issue.

That sucks then.
Anybody else here has same problem and can somebody else with the phone confirm what i said above? It should work that way normally.

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I just confirmed that playing a song from my collection using Nokia music, then exiting Nokia music and clicking the song in the drop down controls takes me to Xbox music. I have not used the windows app, I just drag and drop my music. That's annoying, but I actually prefer Xbox music because Nokia music does not show the upcoming songs in the now playing.

BT_man

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So reading the other threads, I see that I should pick a method of syncing/adding music and stick with it. This will prevent most of the issues from the two music player. So I am using the wp8 connector app for MacOS and have been syncing with limited errors. There are some album/album artist issue, but I assume its the idtags for the mp3 files.

Anyways, now I have the problem of music+videos not recognizing that I have any artist, but still having the files and showing up in the albums. However, Nokia Music does recognize that I have artists. Anyone seen this issue? Screenshots below.

wp_ss_20130119_0001.png
wp_ss_20130119_0002.png
wp_ss_20130119_0003.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb